11.28.2010

I heart you, you haunt me by Lisa Schroeder

Goodreads :  

Girl meets boy.

Girl loses boy.

Girl gets boy back...

...sort of.


Ava can't see him or touch him, unless she's dreaming. She can't hear his voice, except for the faint whispers in her mind. Most would think she's crazy, but she knows he's here.
Jackson. The boy Ava thought she'd spend the rest of her life with. He's back from the dead, as proof that love truly knows no bounds.


My opinion : 
It was a very quick reading for me mostly because the book is really short and the story captivated me. It's a verse novel so it's really different from what I'm used to read, but it was really interesting though. Lisa Schroeder had a dream about Ava and Jackson (the two protagonists) and she was haunted by this story until she wrote it down. It's the story of a girl who looses her  boyfriend and he comes back as a ghost. It's really heartbreaking because we read the story from Ava's point of view and at first she is trying to cope with the grief and loss but she can't forget Jackson. Besides, she strongly blames herself for his death (Jackson died by jumping off a cliff because Ava had dared him to do so). Nevertheless, Ava will find the strength to live with the help of her friends and family. My summary does not say everything, but I think it's better this way !! 

I've selected my favourites quotes of the book : 
"Memories might keep him alive, but they might kill me."
"Alone, we were good, together, we were fantastic."
"If tears could bring him back, there will be enough to bring him back a hundred times."
"Is being a jerk one of the five stages of gried ?"
"What do you say to the girl who dared her boyfriend to jump that deadly day ?"
"Was it hard ? I ask. Letting go ? - Not as hard as holding on to something that wasn't real"

Plot : ★★★★
Characters : ★★★★★
Ending : ★★★★★
Writing : ★★★★
Cover : ★★★★★  
 

6 comments:

  1. This sounds good! I haven't heard about this book, but now I want to read it! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read and reviewed this a couple of weeks ago, and the "Alone, we were good. Together we were fantastic." quote was one of my favourites too :) Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this book and it was AMAZING! One of my favorites for sure. I recommend this book to everyone it's an A+!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been wanting to read this since forever! Now I only want to read it more. Great review Elodie! :D

    Myranda @ My{reads}da

    ReplyDelete
  5. this book is just amazing i read it in ONE! i could NOT stop reading it. love all the songs!!! it made me cry!!

    ReplyDelete