12.28.2010

Quick Review : Wondrous Strange

Goodreads : 17 year-old Kelley Winslow doesn’t believe in Faeries. Not unless they’re the kind that you find in a theatre, spouting Shakespeare—the kind that Kelley so desperately wishes she could be: onstage, under lights, with a pair of sparkly wings strapped to her shoulders. But as the understudy in a two-bit, hopelessly off-off-Broadway production of A Midsummer Night’s Dream, wishing is probably the closest she’s going to get to becoming a Faerie Queen. At least, that’s what she thinks... In this fun, urban fantasy, Kelley's off-stage life suddenly becomes as complicated as one of Shakespeare’s plot twists when a nighttime trip to Central Park holds more than meets the mortal eye.

My Thoughts :
I have to admit that it was a nice read ... It had been a long time since I've read Faeries' stories and Wondrous Strange was rigtht on time ! In this book, written in a third person narrative, we discover Kelley Winslow's life : a young actress of 17 who has moved to New York in order to fulfill her dream. But Kelley is the daughter of the Faeri King of Winter and the Queen of Autumn so her future won't be as she had planned it. She'll meet Sonny Flannery, a Janus, who is under the order of the King of Winter Auberon ... and as you can imagine a romance will begin between the two characters.
I enjoy reading this book but I found that there were some passages quite slow and I'd have liked L.Livington to go further in the relationship between Sonny and Kelley. I loved the universe of the series so I'm going to begin Darklight right now !

Favourite Quote :
"May I come in ?"
"No! I'm a mess! I mean-the place is a mess." She glanced behind her shoulder to the obviously immaculate apartment beyond. She could hear the smile in Sonny's voice as he said, " I happen to think 'the place' looks absolutely wonderful".

Rating :
Plot : ★★★★
Characters : ★★★★
Ending : ★★★Cover : ★★★★★ 
Writing : ★★★★

Don't hesitate to leave the link of your review in your comment and your own opinion of the book !!

9 comments:

  1. >.> I wanna read this more now! Have fun reading Darklight! Thanks for the review :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason, this hasn't really been on my radar until now. I loved your review for it though, and I'm adding it to my list! Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome review! I have not read this yet, but I hope I get to it soon! :D Love that quote!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the review of the book though I am not particularly fond of the genre!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds very interesting. I've never heard of the faerie queen of autumn. It's fun reading new versions of faerie mythology.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review! I'm not very into supernatural/paranormal fiction but I'll watch out for this one on my next trip to the bookstore :D

    Hey, I gave you the Life is Good Award! You can check out my post on that here.

    Brush Up On Your Reading

    ReplyDelete
  7. I ALMOST bought this when I went to the bookstore a couple of days ago.

    Now, thanks to you review, I wish I had!

    I'll have to buy it with my Christmas money. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww I like that quote you included. Sonny and Kelley sound cute. I need to check out this series.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. I am a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE your review Elodie!
    I definitely need to read this series!

    ReplyDelete