1.07.2011

Quick Review : Linger by Maggie Stiefvater

Goodreads : In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. Now, in Linger, they must fight to be together. For Grace, this means defying her parents and keeping a very dangerous secret about her own well-being. For Sam, this means grappling with his werewolf past . . . and figuring out a way to survive into the future. Add into the mix a new wolf named Cole, whose own past has the potential to destroy the whole pack. And Isabel, who already lost her brother to the wolves . . . and is nonetheless drawn to Cole.

My thoughts :  
I don't know where to start ... I'm still addicted to Maggie's writing which I find beautiful and musical !
Let's start with the characters :
Sam and Grace are still a perfect couple to me : they have to fight to be together because Grace's parents forbid her to see Sam (so there are less scenes with both of them in this book than in the first one). I was still under the spell of their love story but I've to admit that I really enjoyed the new character of Linger : Cole. He is a rockstar who asked Beck to turn him into a werewolf because of his crappy life. Unlike Sam, Cole wants to stay a wolf and forget his life as a human. But it's not that simple because he's actually stuck with his human self ... I love all the scenes between Cole and Isabel, and I'm hoping we'll get more in Forever. Speaking of Isabel, she's such a funny character, I had noticed it in Linger but she really surprised me ...
Grace's parents are still jerks to me (sorry but they really piss me off) ... I've never hated characters so much (but it's in a good way, it's what the author wants us to feel, at least I guess so). When Grace's dad punched Sam, I was so angry  that I wanted to be there and pnched him back!!
Well, to finish, I have to say it ...the end made me cry, once more !! But how not to ? 

My favorites quotes :  
 I had a lot more quotes but I didn't write them down so I can't remember them, sorry ...

"I'm naked," I said.
"So am I," Isabelle replied. Under my clothing. (Cole&Isabelle - p117).

If we'd had the opportunity to deliver our confessions to anyone who actually cared about their content, there was no way either of us would've opened our mouths. Sharing revelations is easier when it doesn't matter." (Cole - p136).

"Crouched there, beside Victor, I was aware that the glinting eyes meant something different to each of us. Sam's past. My present. Grace's future." (Cole - p325)

My rating : 
Plot : ★★★
Characters : ★★★★
Ending : ★★★
Cover : ★★★★
Writing : ★★★★

My next read : 

Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles ...

8 comments:

  1. It took me a while to warm up to Isabelle. I really hadn't liked her in the first book. By the end of this book I was so upset I had to remind myself it was just a book! Grace and Sam better have a happy ending! Oh, and Perfect Chemistry was one of my favorite YA reads last year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an amazing series, l can not wait for 'Forever' l did miss Sam in this book though, less of it was from his point of view!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Cole and Isabel. I thought the storyline needed them. And agree Grace's parents are annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this series too! I love how you put your next read up in your post! I've never seen that before!

    ReplyDelete
  5. New pairing in this series? Thats great.:D I can't wait for my copy to arrive. :D Thanks for the review. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'll have to start reading Shiver this month so I can get to read Linger soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am almost done with Linger and it is FANTASTIC!!!! Oh Maggie Stiefvater! She knows what people want to read and she makes it happen! I am super excited for the end! Also SUPER EXCITED for FOREVER to come out! eeeeppp!

    ReplyDelete