1.30.2011

Quick Review Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers

Goodreads : Frannie Cavanaugh is a good Catholic girl with a bit of a wicked streak. She has spent years keeping everyone at a distance—-even her closest friends—-and it seems as if her senior year is going to be more of the same . . . until Luc Cain enrolls in her class. No one knows where he came from, but Frannie can’t seem to stay away from him.
What she doesn’t know is that Luc is on a mission. He’s been sent from Hell itself to claim Frannie’s soul. It should be easy—-all he has to do is get her to sin, and Luc is as tempting as they come. Frannie doesn’t stand a chance. But he has to work fast, because if the infernals are after her, the celestials can’t be far behind. And sure enough, it’s not long before the angel Gabriel shows up, willing to do anything to keep Luc from getting what he came for. It isn’t long before they find themselves fighting for more than just Frannie’s soul.
But if Luc fails, there will be Hell to pay . . . for all of them.


My thoughts : 
First of all, a big thank you to Katie (Just Call me Book Worm) for having advised me (strongly) this book !! I'm really glad because I'm one of those persons who judge a book by its cover and I've to say that I don't like this cover at all  !! But the book really surprised me ..
It's easy to identify yourself to the heroine (Frannie) : which is a good thing because books are easier to read when you feel bonded with a character !! As for Luc and Gabe (Lucifer and Gabriel,the main male characters) ... I'm so Team Luc !! Gabe was getting on my nerves, I'm definitely into bad boys.
I loved how the story was told : we have both Frannie and Luc's point of view. Honnestly, I prefered reading the book  from Luc's POV (even if I liked Frannie). He's such a great character (trust me, you'll love him) ! If you're Team Gabe, please leave a comment stating it, because I'd be really curious to know why (I'm kidding, well, not entirely).

My Rating : 

Plot : ★★★
Characters : ★★★
Ending : ★★★
Cover : ★
Writing : ★★★★



What I'm reading next :  

Unearthly by Cynthia Hand ...

9 comments:

  1. I've heard nothing but awesome things about personal Demons. It's great that you enjoyed it as well.

    Anyway, I can't wait to hear what you think about Unearthly. It's a fantasic read ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I have not yet had the pleasure of reading this one. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you like it. I was skeptic about reading this because of the cover too. I'll give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo I was wondering where all the "Team Luc" banner's had been coming from! i'd only heard about this book, but it seems rlly good! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a really interesting book. I'm glad you liked it and I can't wait to hear your thoughts about Unearthly--I've been wanting to read it but haven't got to it yet.

    Happy reading:)
    -leslie
    booksandmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Review Elodie! I've heard from Katie as well about this book and many others (Mostly Katie) . I want to read this book badly. But I have to pace myself I have so many books to read. :D I have to finish them off first. ^.^ I can't wait to get it now! I'll probably be Team Luc as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know! I'm exactly the same! When I saw the cover I was like "Not for me" but Katie @Call Me Crazy kept saying the book was awesome, and now thanks to you I know I should give it a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen mixed reviews for this one so I may have to give it a try myself if only to see what I think about it. Great review!

    ReplyDelete