1.17.2011

Teaser Tuesday #9

Teaser Tuesday is a a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following :
-Grab your current read
-Open to a random page
-Share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page 
-BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
-Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My Teaser Tuesday of this week is taken from The Devouring by Simon Holt. I've kind of cheated, I've chosen to give you a whole paragraph instead of two sentences ...
  
"Early the next morning, Reggie's dad didn't yell at her. He didn't speak a word to her. He woukdn't even look at her when she passed him in the kitchen. The sad silence made it unbearable, and she wanted to take his hands in hers, to talk to him, to make him hear the truth. But it wouldn't do any good. Reggie was like a phantom to him. "

What's your Teaser Tuesday this week ? 

10 comments:

  1. Love the cover on this book :) Maybe I should check out this book :)

    Please feel free to check out my teaser this week:
    http://moonstarsfantasyworld.blogspot.com/2011/01/teaser-evermore.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard a lot of great things about this one, I have it sitting patiently for me. Great teaser! Mines from a YA book this week as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting quote. Can't wait to hear your review :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that quote...it's intriguing! I definitely love the cover, too. Great pick, Elodie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds so sad! and yet very intriguing! The cover looks awesome!

    My Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked this book ~ It's spooky! I still need to read the second book in this series..
    Great teaser!
    Kristy @ Dreaming By Day

    ReplyDelete
  7. It seems very interesting! And the cover is pretty as well. Nice teaser ^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. That teaser gives me the chills. You can definitely tell something has interesting has just happened.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oo I'm intrigued! I wonder what she did?? That cover is really intriguing as well -- it seems kind of sad and ominous! I'll have to check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. God, all these covers look sooooo good :)

    ReplyDelete