1.02.2011

YA Series Challenge !

I'm particpating to the YA Series Challenge hosted by Shannon (Stalking the Bookshelves) and Farrah and Britney (I Eat Words). I've chosen Level 6 but I don't know if I'll read everything I've planned ...

I have so many series in mind so here's what I'd like to read in 2011 for this challenge (I don't know if I'll be able to read every book in this list) :
(Titles in Pink are ones I already own)

Iron Fey by Julia Kagawa 
The Iron King (1)
The Iron Daughter (2)
The Iron Queen (3)

The Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine
Glass Houses (1)
Dead Girls' Dance (2)
Midnight Alley (3)
Feats of Fools (4)
Lord of Misrule (5)
Carpe Corpus (6)
Fade Out (7)
Kiss of Death (8)
Ghost Town (9)
Stefan's Diaries by Julie Plec & Kevin Williamson
Origins (1)
Bloodlust (2)*
The Craving (3)*

Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr
Wicked Lovely (1)
Ink Exchange (2)
Fragile Eternity (3)
Radiant Shadows (4)
Darkest Mercy (5)  
Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrik
Hush Hush (1)
Crescendo (2)
Tempest (3)*

Wondrous Strange by Lesley Livingston
Wondrous Strange (1)
Darklight (2)
Tempestuous (3)

Wolves of Mercy Falls by Maggie Stievater
Shiver (1)
Linger (2)
Forever (3)*

Strange Angels by Lilith Saintcrow
Strange Angels (1)
Betrayal (2)
Jealousy (3)

Evernight by Claudia Gray
Evernight (1)
Stargazer (2)
Hourglass (3)
Afterlife (4)
  
The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare
City of Bones (1)
City of Ashes (2)
City of Glass (3)
City of Fallen Angels (4)* 

Simone Elkeles
Perfect Chemistry (1)
Rules of Attraction (2)
Chain Reaction (3)*

Aprylinne Pike : 
Wings (1)
Spells (2)
Illusions (3)*

Deadly Little Secrets by Laurie Faria Stolarz : 
Deadly Little Secrets (1)
Deadly Little Lies (2)
Deadly Little Games (3)*


Here's the guideline :
  • Challenge runs from January 1st-December 31, 2011, sign up continues until Dec. 1st.
  • Books must be from a MG or YA Series 
  • All Series must have at least 3 books out by the end of 2011, to count for this challenge.
  • You do not have to start at the beginning of a series. (Ex: You've read the first 2 Harry Potters but not the rest, books 3-7 would count towards your total.)
  • You do not have to continue a series if you discover you don't like it, the books you've already read will still count towards your total.
  • You do not have to be a blogger to participate but you must have somewhere to post your reviews if you wish to be entered in for the prizes.
  • Please grab a button and post about this challenge, then link it, so we know you are taking part. If you don't have a blog please leave a comment and a link of where you will be posting your reviews.
  • It doesn't matter what level you choose but please be aware that you will not be granted extra entries if you read and review past your level amount. (Ex: Level 1 participates can only submit up to 5 reviews as entries for the prizes, reviews that are posted after that are welcomed but will not grant you extra entries.)
PRIZES
~At the end of the challenge, 2 randomly selected individuals will win their chose of any YA series book under $15 that will ship from the Book Depository.

LEVELS

Level 1-Trying it Out 3-5 Books
Level 2-Making an Effort 6-8 Books
Level 3-Working Hard  9-12 Books
Level 4-Fully Committed 13-16 Books
Level 5-Beyond Obsessed 17-22 Books
Level 6-Addicted and Loving It 23-30 Books



You can pick up any series as long as it follows the guideline !! =)

Thank you girls for this challenge, this is a great idea .. There are so many series that I'd like to begin (or even finish) and this is a great occasion to do it !!

8 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for signing up, have fun and good luck! You can pick from any series as long as it follows the guidelines, you linked to my personal list, so you might want to fix that. If you need any series suggestions, I added a goodreads list link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You picked so many great books, I might have to add the Hush Hush series to my list too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for joining and happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay you're doing the challenge too!
    We have a lot of the same books on our list! Sweet! Have fun Elodie! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya! Thanks for following me! I've seen you around on other blogs. You are quite the active commenter! I hope to be an active commenter on your blog, too!
    I really could have added the Iron Fey series to my list as well. I tried to narrow it down to 16 reads that I know I want to read right away but I definitely want to read the Iron Fey series, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got some of the same series I need to read :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw that on Shannon's blog too it's a great idea :p I looove series and 2011 will be awesome ! I'll write a post about this challenge soon :);

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol seems like we will be reading some of the same series for this challenge. I read an arc of Afterlife so that's why I didn't include that one in my book selection for the challenge. I'm going to be reading Linger, Forever, Tempest, and many of the ones you are. I hope you enjoy all of them :)

    ReplyDelete