2.18.2011

Review 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson - Spoiler Free !!

Goodreads : When Ginny receives thirteen little blue envelopes and instructions to buy a plane ticket to London, she knows something exciting is going to happen. What Ginny doesn't know is that she will have the adventure of her life and it will change her in more ways than one. Life and love are waiting for her across the Atlantic, and the thirteen little blue envelopes are the key to finding them in this funny, romantic, heartbreaking novel.

My thoughts : 
That was a very cute read. So, this book is about a girl named Ginny. Her aunt died and she has left her 13 envelopes : each one telling her something to do, somewhere to go .. The first one leads Ginny to London. It was actually my favorite place of the book. As I told you, I'm going to London this summer and I'm super excited. While reading the book, I've taken some notes of places I'd like to see ... Ginny traveled through Europe : she goes to Paris, Edinburgh,  Rome, Amsterdam, Athens ... and discovering all these amazing cities may be one of the most great things of 13 Little Blue Envelopes. I also really enjoyed all the mysteries around Ginny's aunt .. and I'd definitely love to have this type of crazy aunt !! Keith, THE male character, is also awesome : he's very funny, weird and sweet (he has written this play intitled Starbucks Coffee : the musical and that's one of the main reasons that made me instantly love him) !! 
All in all, this book was very cute and if you'd like to visit Europe, I strongly advise to read it !! Nevertheless, it wasn't perfect : it was often slowing down ... But I'll definitely read The Last Little Blue Envelope (released on April 26th 2011) !

My rating : 
Plot : ★★★
Characters : ★★★
Ending : ★★★
Cover : ★
Writing : ★★★★

4 comments:

  1. This does sound really cute, I like the idea of her traveling to different places, I love when books are set abroad:) I'm loving the sound of Keith as well, so I look forward to giving this one a try. Thanks Elodie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds really cute and entertaining! It'd be better off as a romantic comedy movie I think. :D But I would read it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG everytime I come by your blog, I get a new recommendation! Seen this one around a lot, so Im sure that I should give it a try! and nice review :D it sounds really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw this! Haha! We're like twins. I did enjoy it, too. Maureen Johnson is a hoot to follow on Twitter, and I'm surprised that more of her books aren't written in 1st person. I think it'd be more inclined to read it if they were because she has a funny and entertaining voice!

    Now I HAVE to read The Last Little Blue Envelope. I want to find out what happens! Did you see that it's on Netgalley?

    -Farrah

    ReplyDelete