2.19.2011

Review Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. Spoiler free

Goodreads : Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris—until she meets Étienne St. Claire: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home.
As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near-misses end with the French kiss Anna—and readers—have long awaited?

My thoughts : 
It's going to be a very short review because I've nothing to tell you except that you must read this book, GO BUY IT NOW !!! Seriously !! I've beagan to read it yesterday and haven't been able to stop since ... (well, except when I had to) !! I've fallen in love with the characters, Stehanie's writing ... EVERYTHING. Besides, the story is set in France (Paris),  YEAH !! It was really awesome to read a YA book set in my country. It was even more romantic and I really can't wait to go to Paris (I'm going in March to attend a book event and I'm super excited) !! All in all, this book was amazing and I'm sure I'll re-read it soon .. I haven't felt this way in a long time while reading a book so I strongly advise you to buy this one (it's definitely worth it) ! Besides, you have to meet Etienne <3 !!

My rating : 

Plot : ★★★
Characters : ★★★
Ending : ★★★
Cover : ★
Writing : ★★★★

19 comments:

  1. Ouh la ça c'est de la chronique positive :) Bon je sais ce qu'il me reste à faire mdr ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every review I see for this book is amazing! I bought it (finally), and I can't wait to see for myself. Nice review, Elodie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen everyone gushing over this book for the last couple of months but for some reason I haven't really had the urge to go read it. *Shrugs shoulders* But... Maybe I will have to since it is obviously good!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to get this book on UK book tours!!
    Thanks for the review, l love it when a book really stands out amongst all the others you have read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the amazing review-- I can't wait to get my hands on it!
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review! I want to read this book SO bad! I've been waiting to get it from the library, but I might have to just give in and purchase it for my nook! Glad to hear it's such a great book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you loved this one Elodie! It's sitting on my shelf still unread, but I'm definitely going to pick it up after reading your review! That is so cool it's set in your home country! I hope you have a blast in Paris! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear you enjoyed this one! It's honestly such a sweet and refreshing story - I constantly want to reread it. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome review! I love this book and I am very jealous you live in France. Etienne is one of my favourite male characters ~sighs~. You definitely are making me want to go re-read this again :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my! I was thinking if I should read this or not. But I guess I should! I'm glad you loved it Elodie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YAY Elodie! I loved this one so much, I can't even start talking about it or I will write a whole long gushing comment on Anna and St. Clair:) Can't wait for Lola and the Boy Next Door!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Agree with everything you said!! I absolutely LOVED this! I finished it the other day and now whenever I think of it I get this huge smile on my face :D So glad you loved it! And so jealous you live in France! Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely loved this book too! I know what you mean about having nothing bad to say about it! Also, that's awesome that you get to go to Paris :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad to hear you loved it! I adore this book, it was so unbelievably good and fun. And Étienne was so dreamy and swoon-able, haha. Wonderful review!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved Anna and The French Kiss too and am eagerly waiting for Lola and the Boy Next Door. I really, really want to visit France!

    ReplyDelete
  16. how cool that you're french! ive been to paris once, and while the 10-hour trip itself sucked HARD (i hadnt slept in 36 hours--gasp!) it was soooo beautiful!
    etienne's probably the most swoon-worthy guy in YA literature. haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. J'ai trop peur des clichés pour lire ce livre pour le moment xD

    ReplyDelete
  18. ah, I see you have read it :)haha! Wasn't this such an AMAZING book?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh man, you are super duper lucky! I would kill to live in France! Every single French type thing reminds me of Anna and the French Kiss! Especially my french teacher. There are two girls in my class named Anna and whenever my teacher says their name, I always think of Anna!

    ReplyDelete