2.28.2011

Review Delirium by Lauren Oliver (spoiler free) !

Goodreads : Before scientists found the cure, people thought love was a good thing. They didn’t understand that once love -- the deliria -- blooms in your blood, there is no escaping its hold. Things are different now. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the governments demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Holoway has always looked forward to the day when she’ll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy.
But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable: She falls in love.


My thoughts :  
WOW !! I finished this one last night and I am officially a big fan of Lauren Oliver's writing.  She has this way to say things, I can't explain, I simply love it. I really like this whole concept that makes love a disease : a book which combines love and dystopia is definitely for me! The characters were very likeable and it was great to see Lena's evolution throughout the novel : she's at first very scared by the government and does as she's told but then she realizes that all she believed was in fact false and that she's been manipulated by the society. Alex, the main character, was also a REALLY nice protagonist : so sweet, swoon-worthy .. (it's all I have to say, I don't want to give any spoiler) !! There were some moments when I wasn't very hooked (when it was going a bit slow) but this is definitely a must read (especially if you like dystopia and romance)! 
One of my favorites things about this novel was the ending. I haven't read this kind (I won't tell what kind it is, of course .. so you can keep reading the review) of ending in a long time !! It's PERFECT, what a cliffhanger !! It makes me even more eager to read the next book (released in 2012 : so far away ) !! 
All in all, you have to go buy this book immediately and I'm hoping you'll like it as much as I did !! 

Super exciting fact : I also wanted to tell you that I'm really happy because Lauren will be in Paris on March 18th and I'll be there !! I'm so excited !! It's going to be the best week end ever .. =). Unfortunately, she'll only do a conference about Young Adult books (I think) during an hour .. they are saying that there won't be a book signing (which seems a bit ridiculous to me ..).But it's still GREAT !!

My rating : 
Plot : ★★
Characters : ★★
Ending : ★★★
Cover : ★
Writing : ★★★

10 comments:

  1. Awesome review :) Now I am even more excited to read it :D Hope it will be in my mailbox. Next time I get home :D
    Glad you liked it.

    Just hope that they will chance their mind and have a book signing anyway ;) Lucky you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed this one, Elodie! It was pretty fantastic!! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought this for my nook, and I can't wait to get started on it! Now you just made me want to read it even more!! :)~
    I hope you have a wonderful time in Paris! Oh how I would Love to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! This is stupid, I'm sure they'll do a signing! I hope so! Well, exciting review, I really can't wait to receive it in my mailbox! I was so tempted this afternoon to pick it up in French in a bookstore haha.
    Now you make me want to read it more with your "cliffhanger" thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you liked this! l agree, it is a bit slow in paces but it still kept my attention. Love love love it! =)
    The writing is amazing =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this book, it was super amazing. And Oliver's writing is really great. I love your review!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! So happy you loved it! Totally agree about Lauren Oliver's writing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This book is awesome and what a ending! Can't wait for the next instalment. A big YAY for Oliver coming to Paris too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi I'm a new follow of yours.
    I really enjoyed your review, I just got this book and I'm really looking forward to it!
    Check out my blog if you can!
    http://thebookbell.blogspot.com/
    I also started a weekly meme called Tick Tock Tuesday.. so if you decide to participate that would be helpful! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read this one yet, but I can't wait to get my hands on it. Thanks for your review!

    ReplyDelete