2.14.2011

Review of Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver (Spoiler Free) !

Goodreads : What if you had only one day to live? What would you do? Who would you kiss? And how far would you go to save your own life?
Samantha Kingston has it all—looks, popularity, the perfect boyfriend. Friday, February 12th should be just another day in her charmed life. Instead, it’s her last. The catch: Samantha still wakes up the next morning. In fact, she re-lives the last day of her life seven times, until she realizes that by making even the slightest changes, she may hold more power than she had ever imagined.


My thoughts : 
EPIC !! It was a little slow at first and I really got hooked halfway through it but it was definitely worth it. Samantha Kingston is a popular girl but on February 12th ( yeah, it was actually the perfect time to read this book ..) she has a car accident with her three best friends and dies because of it (this is not a spoiler because you know it from the beginning). But, instead of being in whatever place she's supposed to be, she has to relive the whole day of the accident 7 times and makes things right ...
When I saw that the character would have to go through the same day 7 times, honnestly, I thought it'll be a little boring but it wasn't at all .. It was actually very instructive because it makes you understand that the slightest action can really have an impact on someone's life (it may sound really cliché .. but it's what this book taught me)!! The romance isn't the main point of this novel but it plays an important part though .. I won't say for who I'm falling in Before I Fall because my review wouldn't be very "spoiler free" if I did !! Nevertheless, if you have read the book, it's pretty obvious :)!! I wasn't disappointed in the end at all : I thought it was the right way to end the novel even if it was somehow predictable ..

My rating : 
Plot : ★★★
Characters : ★★★
Ending : ★★★
Cover : ★
Writing : ★★★★

My next read : 








13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson  !

13 comments:

  1. I'm dying to read this book especially right after I read Here Lies Bridget by Paige Harbison, they said the books have pretty much same plot but not entirely. Awesome review, Elodie! Try to read Here Lies Bridget too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for a great review :)
    You just made me more curious on this book :)

    Looking forward to your next review :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed Before I Fall is an epic read! Good review! I really enjoyed this one as well :)

    http://blackfingernailedreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was such an emotional read for me. Glad you enjoyed it. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I sooo wanna read this book AND 13 Little Blue Envelopes! Lucky!!! and nice review :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Epic huh? I think that means I need to read it Elodie! I love the premise of this one and I already know I love her writing based on Delirium so I just need to go out and buy this now:) Thanks for this review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds good and emotional. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great reaview Elodie! But I don't think I'll be reading it. I don't like it when the character has to replay a tragedy over and over again. It just annoys the living out of me. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. l thought it would get boring too but it didn't. Wasn't what l expected when l picked it up as the girl was younger. Like it though =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really enjoyed this one and thought it was awesome to see how actions changed other things!
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cette Lauren Oliver m'a l'air d'une sacré bonne écrivain! J'ai commandé son Delirium en VO pour le lire et aller à sa séance de dédicace à Lyon! J'ai hâte de le lire!

    ReplyDelete
  12. J'avais déjà vu ce résumé et il m'avais donner envie, surtout que j'aime beaucoup l'auteur! Mais ta Chronique me donne d'autant plus envie XD ton blog va me faire faire faillite XD

    ReplyDelete
  13. This book is great. It'a addicting to read. The way Lauren Oliver writes is amazing. Everything falls together in such weird ways. But the end is so unexpected. It kind of makes you wonder and makes you want more.

    ReplyDelete