2.03.2011

Review Uneartly by Cynthia Hand

Goodreads : In the beginning, there's a boy standing in the trees . . . .

Clara Gardner has recently learned that she's part angel. Having angel blood run through her veins not only makes her smarter, stronger, and faster than humans (a word, she realizes, that no longer applies to her), but it means she has a purpose, something she was put on this earth to do. Figuring out what that is, though, isn't easy.
Her visions of a raging forest fire and an alluring stranger lead her to a new school in a new town. When she meets Christian, who turns out to be the boy of her dreams (literally), everything seems to fall into place—and out of place at the same time. Because there's another guy, Tucker, who appeals to Clara's less angelic side.
As Clara tries to find her way in a world she no longer understands, she encounters unseen dangers and choices she never thought she'd have to make—between honesty and deceit, love and duty, good and evil. When the fire from her vision finally ignites, will Clara be ready to face her destiny?
Unearthly is a moving tale of love and fate, and the struggle between following the rules and following your heart.

My thoughts : 
I have no idea where to start !! I loved this book !! It's going to be very difficult not to give you any spoiler but I'm going to try.
Clara is a blood angel who lives a sweet life in tCalifornia but one day she has a vision of this boy trapped in a fire in the woods. She finds where he lives and sets as a purpose to save him (well it's a little more complicated than that ..) !!
I loved Cynthia's writing : I had the impression that I wasn't the one who was turning the pages, like the book wanted me to keep reading and compelled me to do so. I might sound CRAZY .. well I definitely sound crazy. 
I swooned a lot of time while reading Unearthly. I'm such a girl. There are two hotties in this book ...and it's unavoidable, you'll love them both ! Personally I'm Team Tucker though Christian is awesome too !!
I don't know if I'm the only one but I loved all the passages set in mountain and in the woods ( especially when Clara is skiing) !!
This book is definitely a must read, well according to me !! I'm already craving for the next book in the series!

My rating : 

Plot : ★★★
Characters : ★★★
Ending : ★★★
Cover : ★
Writing : ★★★★

I also wanted to apologize because my reviews are always very short. I have three reasons : 
- first, I don't want to give any spoilers when I review a book (so as to, the persons who haven't read it can still read the review).
- besides, I like reading a short review sometimes and having a general impression on the book, instead of a lot of details.
- finally, I'm not so good with writing my opinion of a book in English, it's still new to me. 
But I'm hoping to make some progress and I'm really grateful that you take time to read what I thought !! You're the best ;) !!


My next read :


Wings by Aprilynne Pike.











16 comments:

  1. I totally loved this book. I swooned the whole time too! I can't wait to read more from Cynthia Hand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind a short review, Elodie! You let us know your feelings on the book, and that's the most important thing! I keep hearing this is great...fabulous review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually love short reviews the most! I write them short for the same reasons you do! :D Well, except the last one. :DD Great Review Elodie! I'm soooo Team Tucker! :D The ending kinda slapped me in the face with that little incident with Christian. haaha. I can't wait for the next bit! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Short reviews do not bother me one bit. I'm actually quite impressed with how well some people can sum up their thoughts/feelings about a book without typing this huge review.

    And I agree about Unearthly! The book is wonderful and the boys are so, so swoonworthy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review! Tucker is definitely swoony worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Je ne suis pas une super fan des anges, mais ce livre-là me tente bien, surtout rien que la couverture...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is probably the most beautiful cover I've seen in a while. And so is your blog's layout. I'm really, really impressed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love short reviews! Keep up the great work :) And I've always wanted to read this really bad since Ive heard many good things about it, including your review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. l agree with you, l like reading short reviews and therefore really like yours!! Keep them coming! =)
    P.S Well done on reading so many books already this year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so adding this one to my list now. Elodie a cause de toi, je vais casser mon budget! Merci c'est pour une bonne cause.

    Bravo j'adore tes revues et continue! It's not the number of words in a review that makes it, it's the quality! You have quality so keep it up :) Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm Team Tucker! I really loved this one too.

    As for reviews, I write short reviews as well. I just want my readers to be intrigued and go buy the book. I don't want to give all the details.

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are not alone with your swooning on this one Elodie, I was such a girl too. I adored Tucker and his snarky teasing, and Christian was great as well - not too overbearing and gorgeous and perfect, but definitely attractive. Now we have the long wait until book 2:(

    ReplyDelete
  13. found another good review about this book. :)
    I have no idea how to make this book fly into my bookshelf
    I dont mind if it's short or long. As long as there is no spoiler found.
    You have done it very well
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now this sounds like a must-read!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Team Tucker! <3 I love Tucker! <3 And I love your review. I try to make my reviews short too, but I always end up adding more rant/gushing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Coucou !!
    j'ai adoré ce livre un vrai coup de coeur.
    vraiment differents d'autres livres que j'ai lu et Tucker je l'adore!
    je t'ai "pris" le team Tucker il est trop beau^^

    ReplyDelete