2.06.2011

Review Wings by Aprilynne Pike .. Spoiler Free !!

Goodreads : Laurel was mesmerized, staring at the pale things with wide eyes. They were terrifyingly beautiful—too beautiful for words.
Laurel turned to the mirror again, her eyes on the hovering petals that floated beside her head. They looked almost like wings.
In this extraordinary tale of magic and intrigue, romance and danger, everything you thought you knew about faeries will be changed forever.

My thoughts : 
First of all, a big thank you to Marie (If Mary Books) for introducing me to this series !! You rock comrade : awesome Christmas' present !!
This was a nice read, really ! 
I loved the characters. Laurel's reaction to the discovery of her true identity was pretty believable and I like when it is that way. David is such a sweetheart but he doesn't work for me (SORRY) ! As you well know, by reading my reviews, I'm more into bad boys. So, obviously, I had to fall for Tamani .. I love how provocative he is and how sweet he can be = PERFECT MIX !! 
There were times when the plot wasn't really "exciting" (= there wasn"t a lot of actions)  but I guess it is mostly because this first book is a means to set the story ... All my favorites scenes share a mutual element : Tamani .. He's definitely my favorite male character of this month (well until the place is claimed by another ...) !!
All in all, this book was a very pleasant read and I really can't wait to read book 2 in the series (Spells) .. which I'm going to start right after I finish this review .. 

A quote :
"You don't have any wings hidden under that shirt somewhere, do you?"
"You want to check ?" His hand went to the bottom of his shirt.
"That's okay," Laurel saud quickly. 

Laurel&Tamani - page 142
My rating : 
Plot : ★★★ 
Characters : ★★★
Ending : ★★★★ (you'll see why I liked the end so much .. )
Cover : ★
Writing : ★★★★
 
My next read : 
 

8 comments:

  1. Glad you liked this! and even though it wasn't action packed your still reading the next one! =)
    I got these two from the library, they sat there for a month and l felt bad. Thinking someone else could be reading them so took them back! l will get to them one day =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep meaning to pick up this series - I've been on the fence about it, but I think I'll have to move it up on my list. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved laurels realistic reactions as well. how she had a great relationship with her mom but yet she still was scared to talk to her mom.

    I loved loved loved tam!! You will love him even more in spells. But he the perfect mix of sweet and bad boy. Glad you enjoyed the book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaah Tamani :) il me manque tu me donnes envie de les relire !
    Tu vas voir le 3 est encore mieux !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwh! Glad you like it! I always love the badboys! :D I can't wait to start reading this series! :D Sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. See, I didn't like Tamani at all. I'll read your review of Spells to see if I should give it a try ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought Wings was good but I was not impressed until a few days ago when I read Spells, trust me the series gets so much better in the second book

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL Love the quote! Luvvved this book, and hope u enjoy Spells! I have to get a copy... :P

    ReplyDelete