3.29.2011

Review : Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma (Spoiler free) !!

Goodreads : Sixteen-year-old Maya and seventeen-year-old Lochan have never had the chance to be 'normal' teenagers. Having pulled together for years to take care of their younger siblings while their wayward, drunken mother leaves them to fend alone, they have become much more than brother and sister. And now, they have fallen in love. But this is a love that can never be allowed, a love that will have devastating consequences ...

How can something so wrong feel so right?


My thoughts : Okay that's going to be a very strange review. I don't want to talk about the plot, the setting .. but about what I felt while reading this book. I have never felt something that strong : I was trembling with fear, sadness .. I felt it all !! I cried a little but it was even more powerful than that : I felt like I was witnessing all the scenes. This is one of the most uncommon read of my life : the author has this way to write things (so incredible). 
I have no idea when this book will be released in the US or if it will even be translated in French : but anyway buy it, this is so worth it .. and if you happen not to like it, I'll give you your money back (just kidding .. but I'm convinced you'll love it). 
The characters feel so real and human (lol), I mean, it's really not that hard to like them. If you're having some prejudices about this book because it deals with incest, you should really get over it, because it doesn't even feel like something wrong ..
The ending is one of the most tragic I've ever read .. I'm sorry for this crappy review, I'm just feeling so upset .. I had never believed a book could do that to me, until now. I can't even manage to express myself correctly!


My rating :
Plot : ★★
Characters : ★★
Ending : ★★
Cover : ★
Writing : ★★★

15 comments:

  1. Je l'ai marqué dans l'interview il sort en juin aux EU :).

    Great review !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this book comes out soon :) It sounds absolutely amazing! I love when a book can capture your emotions in such a way. That's a sign of a good author :) Wonderful review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great review, Elodie! I actually like the reviews that talk about the way a book made you feel more that the "technical break-down" kind of reviews! :D This one sounds intense...I've seen good reviews of this before, but none that made me want to read it as much as yours! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. je suis completement heureuse que la reaction etait explosive! Comme toi j'ai senti completement vide a l fin. Mais vide dans le sense que Forbidden ma apporter au dela du reel. Vraiment incroyable comme lecture.

    Lance moi un email aisleb@hotmail.com et on peut bavader de plus. What a fantastic and utterly beautiful book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your reviews! l really do!!
    l love how you put your thoughts across and l will definitely read this now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was a great review! I need to read this book, I think it might come out it the US...maybe! I really, really can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, great review!! I've heard so many great things about this book. I'm really looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything I read about this book just makes me more curious and your review makes me REALLY want it. I hope I get to read it soon. Thank you so much for your review - it sounds like a very powerful read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I understand competely why this book leaves you speechless. It is one of my favourite books. So heartbreaking. I don't think a book has ever made me cry so much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. trés belle review on sent tout l'émotion que tu as ressenti à lire ce livre.
    je suis encore sous le choc de ce livre.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great review. I've heard so many things about this book, one I will look forward to reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, great review! I've been eyeing this book too, it sounds pretty good. But after reading your review I'll definitely check it out! It comes out in late May in the US.:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've heard this one is really intense and powerful, I'm definitely going to be picking it up! My favorite reads are always the ones I have the hardest time writing a review for, I can never put my thoughts and feelings into words that seem to do the book justice:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super review! La couverture ne m'attirait pas trop mais vu ce que tu en dis ça à l'air géniaaaal ^^

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a great review Elodie. I've heard good things about this book. I've just purchased it and I can't wait to read it. I already heard there is no happy ending...there never can be with these types of books :(
    Thanks
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete