3.14.2011

Review : Freefall by Mindi Scott (spoiler free) !

Goodreads :
How do you come back from the point of no return?
Seth McCoy was the last person to see his best friend, Isaac, alive, and the first to find him dead. It was just another night, just another party, just another time when Isaac drank too much and passed out on the lawn. Only this time, Isaac didn't wake up.Convinced that his own actions led to his friend's death, Seth is torn between turning his life around . . . or losing himself completely.
Then he meets Rosetta: so beautiful and so different from everything and everyone he's ever known. But Rosetta has secrets of her own, and Seth soon realizes he isn't the only one who needs saving . . .

My thoughts : 
This book was really good. It wasn't exceptional though but pretty likeable. It is the story of Seth whose best friend has just died and he's trying to deal with it .. He is really depressed, drinks a lot and doesn't go to school. But after having met this girl, named Rosetta (I don't really like this name but the character was awesome though) he decides to get back on the right way. *CRAPPY SUMMARY* sorry ;)!! Anyway, there wasn't really a plot, I mean, actions are really reduced to the minimum in this book but I get into it very easily. The characters are awesome : I love Kendall (=one of Seth's friends who is a girl .. by the way is Kendall a girl name normally ?), Seth and Rosetta ...
I really liked Mindi Scott's writing and I think that's what made me interested in the story that much.
I'd have other things to add but as I want to make this a spoiler free review .. =(
The cover looks nice, it's not gorgeous but the shattered glass can be very representative of Seth's life breaking apart after his friend's death ..


My rating : 

Plot : ★★
Characters : ★★
Ending : ★★★
Cover : ★
Writing : ★★★

My next read : 

The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting

4 comments:

  1. Great review :) This book sounds pretty good! I'll definitly have to check this one out! Thanks for following me! And by the way, about Pretty Little Liars, you should totally read it! I love the series. It's one of my favorites. I love the show too :) But the book is way better! I'm sure you'd like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Review! I've had this one on my bookcase for awhile, but I never started reading it! Maybe I'll pick it up soon! I really like the cover, it's not spectactular but it is really simple and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I really enjoyed this book. Did you notice on the side of the page the title Freefall was falling down the page? I love the cover it matches the book perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting Review. I'm glad you enjoyed it at least. I like how honest and positive you are about every book you read. You always enjoy them despite how slow or not so good the book is. I'll be looking forward to reading this book myself. But then I don't really like depressing books. -.- And this type of stories are trending now-a-days. Thanks so much for the Review.

    ReplyDelete