3.04.2011

Very Short Review The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong

Goodreads : After years of frequent moves following her mother’s death, Chloe Saunders’s life is finally settling down. She is attending art school, pursuing her dreams of becoming a director, making friends, meeting boys. Her biggest concern is that she’s not developing as fast as her friends are. But when puberty does hit, it brings more than hormone surges. Chloe starts seeing ghosts–everywhere, demanding her attention. After she suffers a breakdown, her devoted aunt Lauren gets her into a highly recommended group home.
At first, Lyle House seems a pretty okay place, except for Chloe’s small problem of fearing she might be facing a lifetime of mental illness. But as she gradually gets to know the other kids at the home–charming Simon and his ominous, unsmiling brother Derek, obnoxious Tori, and Rae, who has a “thing” for fire–Chloe begins to realize that there is something that binds them all together, and it isn’t your usual “problem kid” behaviour. And together they discover that Lyle House is not your usual group home either…
My thoughts : It was a really nice read ..  I have to admit that I wasn't expecting something that good !! I really like all these paranormal stuff : ghosts are so creepy =) !! The main character, Chloe, was definitely someone I could manage to identify myself with despite her young age (which was a great thing) !! The male characters are cute but don't seem to belong to the usual hotties type, but I liked them anyway ..  I haven't that much to say because I'm afraid I'll give you spoilers if I keep talking about the book ..
I'm so glad to meet the author : I hope I'll have read the three books in the series by March 19th (the date of the book signing) !! 
So sorry for this really short review =) 

What did you think of the series if you've read it ? =)

8 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed this.
    l really love how your reviews really are spoiler free.
    Thanks for letting me know you liked this, l so want to read it .. need to get to my copy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I'm still reading the series! I'm sure you already have the last book! I still need to get it. I can't wait. Great Review! You're right the guys don't fit in the hottie category but they're still sweethearts! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this series! When I first grabbed these books I didn't think that I'll like them that much but I'm glad I read them.

    If you like this book then you're going to love the rest. As you read each book gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review!! J'ai acheté le premier tome en français, j'ai hâte de le commencer, et j'achèterai le deuxième quand il sortira (la semaine prochaine je crois). Dis, dis, tu me ramènes un marque-page signé de Kelley Armstrong?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so very glad to hear that you liked the book! Book 2&3 have a lot more action in them. I hope you like them too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review! I really need to read the next books too. I'm curious about her adult books too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even with a short review, I still feel like you got your point across :) Happy that this one exceeded your expectations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just keep reading! Towards the end of the series I think that the boys can be considered hotties! I am going to go see Kelley too (hopefully- depends on my exams in April)! If you haven't already you should really read her adult series "Women of the Otherworld"... Now those books have some hotties in them!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete