3.12.2011

Review : You Against Me by Jenny Downham

Goodreads : If someone hurts your sister and you're any kind of man, you seek revenge, right? If your brother's been accused of a terrible crime and you're the main witness, then you banish all doubt and defend him. Isn't that what families do? When Mikey's sister claims a boy assaulted her at a party, his world of work and girls begins to fall apart. When Ellie's brother is charged with the crime, but says he didn't do it, her world of revision, exams and fitting in at a new school begins to unravel. When Mikey and Ellie meet, two worlds collide. Brave and unflinching, this is a novel of extraordinary skillfulness and almost unbearable tension. It's a book about loyalty and the choices that come with it. But above all it's a book about love - for one's family and for another.

My thoughts :  
OMG ! This book was WOW !! 
It's the story of Mikey and Ellie. Mikey's little sister has been raped. Ellie's big brother is charged with this rape. Mikey and Ellie both fight for the person they believe in. Mikey wants to get information about the boy who raped her sister so he begins to see Ellie ( without telling her who he really is). And as you can guess by looking at the cover, the two protagonists will get closer ..  =) ! This book isn't just about romance, it's about family, betrayal .. I can't really go further, sorry. This story blew me away, Jenny's writing is amazing. I'm definitely going to buy her other books. I don't really know how to express what I precisely felt while I  reading this book but I definitely felt it all : anger, sadness, joy .. It's the kind of book that doesn't leave you the same, that really has an impact on you (well, according to me).

Have you read this book ? What did you think of it ?

My rating : 
Plot : ★★
Characters : ★★
Ending : ★★★
Cover : ★
Writing : ★★★

Oh, and this review was my 100th post, YOUHOU !! =) 

My next read : 

Freefall by Mindi Scott ..

19 comments:

  1. This sounds so good! Must go check it out. Thanks for letting us know about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really really love how you don't give spoilers away!! l can always rely on you to read a review and nothing be ruined!
    I LOVED this book too! l love how it leaves you feeling

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S I voted for you to read The Replacement next as l would love to see what you think! It's on my kindle =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh! I like the sound of this! I shall add to my TBR pile! Awesome Review Elodie. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. You said it's the kind of book that doesn't leave you the same like Thirteen Reasons Why or Forbidden, so I definitely check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you liked this! I will definitely go pick this up! Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. T'es méchante j'ai envie de l'acheter maintenant alors que je suis ruiné ^^.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahhh, i really want to read this one...it sounds beautiful!<3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't heard of this book before and I think I am really missing out! I will have to check it out- thanks for the great review!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great book... Congrats on the 100th post! WOO!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks great! I've never heard of it before! Totally added it to my Goodreads list thanks to your review!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gaah! I'm dying to read this eversince I saw the book trailer of it! Greaaat review, Elodie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really, really want to read this now! I love books that are leave you with a lasting impression.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds good and it went to my wishlist! Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great review! I really want to read this book now! Lovely blog by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your review is very short! I tried to do that once, but I always end writing longer ones. This book has been on my wishlist! Heard a lot of good reviews about it. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loved You Against me too.
    I'm looking forward to seeing what you think of freefall I nearly picked that up today

    ReplyDelete
  18. You Against Me sounds really awesome! Thanks for introducing it to me!

    ReplyDelete