4.02.2011

Bloodfever by Karen Moning (quick spoiler free review)

Goodreads : I used to be your average, everyday girl but all that changed one night in Dublin when I saw my first Fae, and got dragged into a world of deadly immortals and ancient secrets...
In her fight to stay alive, MacKayla must find the Sinsar Dubh—a million-year-old book of the blackest magic imaginable, which holds the key to power over the worlds of both the Fae and Man. Pursued by assassins, surrounded by mysterious figures she knows she can’t trust, Mac finds herself torn between two deadly and powerful men: V’lane, the immortal Fae Prince, and Jericho Barrons, a man as irresistible as he is dangerous.
For centuries the shadowy realm of the Fae has coexisted with that of humans. Now the walls between the two are coming down, and Mac is the only thing that stands between them.


My thoughts :  
I just finished this one 5 minutes ago .. and I really liked it !! I'm in love with the world created by Karen Moning (besides the story is set in Ireland .. which is very uncommon and super great) !! I enjoyed the plot but not as much as I did for the first book though (but it was still good) !! As I said in my review of Darkfever : I'm under the spell of these characters. The more I read about Barrons, the more he gets all sexy and swoon worthy ( in an uncheesy way of course) ! I really can't wait to start reading the other books in the series because everyone is telling me that the last three books of the series are the best !! 
I'm sorry for this very quick review .. but as it is a sequel, it's kind of hard to talk about the book without giving spoilers for the first one .. besides you know me, I just can't write long reviews =)

My rating : 
Plot : ★★
Characters : ★★
Ending : ★★
Cover : ★
Writing : ★★★
 

6 comments:

  1. je suis contente que la saga te plaise!

    moi j'aime beaucoup tes reviews ( je fais la même chose) si on developpe trop apres on raconte parfois trop de choses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous! I want to read these books now! T-T Long or not! I love your reviews. :D They're easy reads that urge me to buy the books you're talking about. :D Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Doesn't Barrons just keep getting better? There are just so many layers to all the characters that you can't quite get a complete feel for them before some new piece of information comes into play and you are forced to rethink everything you thought before. Love it. Be prepared, Faefever and Dreamfever have the most horrific cliffhangers ever, you'll want the next book on hand immediately:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Contente que tu ai aimé! le meilleur est à venir... faut que je les relise. I miss Barrons so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonjour, je viens de découvrir ce joli blog :)
    Ah, je ne savais même pas qu'il était sorti en VO ! J'ai lu les 4 premiers en français alors je crois que je vais attendre le 5 aussi, même si quelques spoilers ne me déplairaient pas :P Je vais voir en VO d'abord ! Ce livre est vraiment original, tellement différents des autres. Est-ce qu'on découvre qqchose de plus sur Barrons, ou le mystère est toujours complet ^^ ? (Vous n'êtes pas obligé de répondre, ce sont mes pensées ^^)
    A bientôt !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trop cool! Il me faut ce livre! Le premier était vraiment super.

    ReplyDelete