4.19.2011

Quick review : Faefever by Karen Moning ! (spoilerfree)

Goodreads : He calls me his Queen of the Night. I’d die for him. I’d kill for him, too. When MacKayla Lane receives a torn page from her dead sister’s journal, she is stunned by Alina’s desperate words. And now MacKayla knows that her sister’s killer is close. But evil is closer. And suddenly the sidhe-seer is on the hunt: For answers. For revenge. And for an ancient book of dark magic so evil, it corrupts anyone who touches it.
Mac’s quest for the Sinsar Dubh takes her into the mean, shape-shifting streets of Dublin, with a suspicious cop on her tail. Forced into a dangerous triangle of alliance with V’lane, an insatiable Fae prince of lethally erotic tastes, and Jericho Barrons, a man of primal desires and untold secrets, Mac is soon locked in a battle for her body, mind, and soul.
 
As All Hallows’ Eve approaches and the city descends into chaos, as a shocking truth about the Dark Book is uncovered, not even Mac can prevent a deadly race of immortals from shattering the walls between worlds—with devastating consequences.…

My thoughts : It has been a long time since I wrote a review .. =). This is going to be a very short one though  because as it is the third book in the series, I don't want to give you any spoiler of the first two books. If you haven't read the series yet, I strongly recommend that you go buy the first book !! I missed this world so badly : it felt really good to be back in Dublin. I started Faefever yesterday and finished it an hour ago .. it's a realy quick read and personally it was really hard for me to drop the book because I'm so attached to the characters and to this world that I could read these books at one go .. Mac is such a funny character and Barrons is just WOW : to be honnest I'm dying to read more scenes with just the two of them ..
I hope I've convinced you to start reading the series ;) !! Happy reading my dear followers !! 


My rating :
Plot : ★★
Characters : ★★
Ending : ★★
Cover : ★
Writing : ★★★

8 comments:

  1. OH... you finished this one so quickly!

    At first I read "you finished it in an hour" then I did a double take and realized it was "an hour ago". What a difference but still it's the reality of Monig's talent for WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got the first book, can't wait to start it!

    Elodie I saw over at Cass's blog you haven't read the summer series yet?? Get on that LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Barron and Mac scences too especially in book 5.........

    Great mini review :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen a lot of reviews for this series lately. I really need to give the books a read! Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cover of this one :).
    I really need to read these books this summer !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep hearing great things about this series! I already added it to my TBR list and I can't wait to read it! I have a feeling I'm going to love it - Barron seems my kind of guy!:D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I've always been curious about this series! Thanks to your glowing review, I think I may have to pick them up sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaaah I need to read book two and three NOW! :)

    ReplyDelete