4.21.2011

Quick review : Dreamfever by Karen Moning ! (spoilerfree)

Goodreads :They may have stolen my past, but I’ll never let them take my future.
When the walls between Man and Fae come crashing down, freeing the insatiable, immortal Unseelie from their icy prison, MacKayla Lane is caught in a deadly trap. Captured by the Fae Lord Master, she is left with no memory of who or what she is: the only sidhe-seer alive who can track the Sinsar Dubh, a book of arcane black magic that holds the key to controlling both worlds.
Clawing her way back from oblivion is only the first step Mac must take down a perilous path, from the battle-filled streets of Dublin to the treacherous politics of an ancient, secret sect, through the tangled lies of men who claim to be her allies into the illusory world of the Fae themselves, where nothing is as it seems—and Mac is forced to face a soul-shattering truth.


 My thoughts : 
OMG !! I've just finsihed the book and I have to say it leaves me speechless !! It is definitely my favorite book of the series .. for now. A lot of action, funny scenes, intimate scenes ... = the perfect mix ! I'm actually both sad and excited at the idea of starting to read Shadowfever (the 5th and last book of the series).
Like I said in my previous reviews, I love the world and the characters of the series. Mac is such a strong main character : what I like the most about her is the fact that she isn't a victim and she doesn't rely on men (well sometimes she does but it's for the greater good) to get what she wants. One of the things I love about this series is that all the men characters are likeable : Vlane (a fae prince), Christian (a human-druid) and Barrons (I don't exactly what he is but *SWOON* I don't care, he's perfect) !!
I wanted to know if you've read The Highlander series by Karen Moning because I'd like to read it after The Fever series but I don't know that much about it.
There's a funny Interview at the end of Dreamfever of Barrons by the author (it is hilarious). If you haven't read it I recommend you to.

Off to begin Shadowfever ... =) 

My rating :
Plot : ★★
Characters : ★★
Ending : ★★
Cover : ★
Writing : ★★★

8 comments:

  1. I think I had a friend who read the series, but it sounds really really good. Glad to hear that you liked it :) I'll be sure to check this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you have just died at the end? I seriously just stared at the last page blinking stupidly in disbelief that she did that to us. Then I had to wait 17 months. 17 months Elodie! It was so worth it though, I adored Shadowfever. Can't wait for your thoughts on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with everything ! This is such a great book : even in the fourth book we don't know what/who Barrons is ! This is so exciting and it is an art to keep the suspense as long !
    I read the books in french, but actually I think I ll read the last one in english. I didn't even know it was released ! Thank you for your nice reviews =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you're flying through this series! I'm going to have to see if the library has this series. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this one sounds awesome! No, all the series does! I hope the interview will be in the French version of the book too :)

    Thanks for making me jealous again hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree Barrons is PERFECT! Love this quick review and so glad you are enjoying it. The last book is my favourite so I am pretty sure you are going to love it even more :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes!! This book rocks! Are you reading the last one?? I don't know how you couldn't after that cliffhanger ending.

    I love this series so much.

    Jennifer of Little Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barrons is the best ! Je me tâte à lire le dernier tome en anglais étant donné sa sortie super tardive en France !

    ReplyDelete