4.23.2011

Review Shadowfever by Karen Moning

Goodreads : MacKayla Lane was just a child when she and her sister, Alina, were given up for adoption and banished from Ireland forever. Twenty years later, Alina is dead and Mac has returned to the country that expelled them to hunt her sister’s murderer. But after discovering that she descends from a bloodline both gifted and cursed, Mac is plunged into a secret history: an ancient conflict between humans and immortals who have lived concealed among us for thousands of years.
What follows is a shocking chain of events with devastating consequences, and now Mac struggles to cope with grief while continuing her mission to acquire and control the Sinsar Dubh—a book of dark, forbidden magic scribed by the mythical Unseelie King, containing the power to create and destroy worlds.
In an epic battle between humans and Fae, the hunter becomes the hunted when the Sinsar Dubh turns on Mac and begins mowing a deadly path through those she loves.
Who can she turn to? Who can she trust? Who is the woman haunting her dreams? More important, who is Mac herself and what is the destiny she glimpses in the black and crimson designs of an ancient tarot card?
From the luxury of the Lord Master’s penthouse to the sordid depths of an Unseelie nightclub, from the erotic bed of her lover to the terrifying bed of the Unseelie King, Mac’s journey will force her to face the truth of her exile, and to make a choice that will either save the world . . . or destroy it.

My thoughts : 
This is my last review concerning this series and I'm really sad about it. The Fever series is definitely one of my favorites series ever ... I loved this book from the beginning down to the end : it was perfect.
It's very hard for me to write a review when I've loved a book that much .. so I'm sorry =) !! I can't tell you this enough : READ THIS SERIES !!
The characters are amazing and you'll get attached to them really quickly .. all of them (even the mean ones) ! There was so much mystery in Shadowfever and Karen really succeeded in leading it : I honestly wasn't expecting any of what happened, nothing was predictable (well almost ..) !

I'm now going through a book depression .. and it's going to be very difficult for me to appreciate a book after that .. but I have to go forward in order to find another book series like this one.
I'm planning to read The Highlander series this summer. I hope it'll be as good =) !!

My rating : 

Plot : ★★
Characters : ★★
Ending : ★★
Cover : ★
Writing : ★★★



6 comments:

  1. Wow! 5 stars for everything! This is a must-read :) Nice review, thanks for not writing any spoiler hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesomeness! I can't wait to read this! <3 I'm looking forward to it actually! So many good things about it too.:D Thanks for the review Elodie. I'm so sad it ended. It'll always stay with you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Wham-O surprises still has reeling and breathless. I could not believe how Monig wove them into the very end.

    The Highlander series are well written but don't expect The Fever series. They have snippets of the same characters (eg see last book on Adam Black in this series). It's a love /hate with Adam Black but again Monig does her twist.

    Enjoy PK

    ReplyDelete
  4. I experienced a huge book depression after reading this one too Elodie! I literally couldn't pick another book up because my mind just kept going back to Mac and Barrons:) SO GOOD:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know that feeling. It's like shifting out a house you really loved. I hope you find another series as good. The worst thing is when the next few books you read just don't stand up.

    Guess I'd better check this series out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Read Laurrel K Hamilton's Meredith Gentry series.

    ReplyDelete