4.30.2011

Review : The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han (spoiler free)

Goodreads : Belly measures her life in summers. Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August. Winters are simply a time to count the weeks until the next summer, a place away from the beach house, away from Susannah, and most importantly, away from Jeremiah and Conrad. They are the boys that Belly has known since her very first summer--they have been her brother figures, her crushes, and everything in between. But one summer, one terrible and wonderful summer, the more everything changes, the more it all ends up just the way it should have been all along.

My thoughts : As I'm in holiday (YAY), I wanted to start my almost summer with a cute and quick read so I chose this book. It was all I expected it to be : light, funny, cute ... I read it very quickly mostly because the chapters are really short and because I couldn't wait to read the next one .. Belly is a great main character and I love the boys (Conrad and Jeremiah) !! Reading this book felt like my own summer vacation with all my friends, lying on a towel on the beach .. So if you're looking for a cute summer read you definitely have to read this book ..
I also wanted to know if you could advise me some books like this one  .. if you have any ideas, just leave a comment ;) !! 

Off to start reading the second book .. =)



My rating :
Plot : ★★
Characters : ★★
Ending : ★★
Cover : ★
Writing : ★★★

10 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked it! You're so lucky, I have my exams next week and the week after so I'll have to wait :(

    Well, there is the Sisterhood of the traveling pants series or any book of Ann Brashares. There is Sarah Dessen too. Also Alyson Noël and her book "Cruel summer"...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review, l really want to start this series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds good! but I don't think I'd read it anytime soon though. :( But thank you for the review Elodie! Enjoy the next book. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks cute, I've been wanting to read it. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really pretty cover. I did not like it, but I'm glad you did. Belly confused me and I found her somewhat annoying. Both brothers are hot though. :p

    Chel @ The Procrastinator's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to hear that this one won you over. Will add this one to my light summer reads. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you enjoyed this!! I can't wait to start it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great review! I think the second book gets a little more serious. Can't wait to hear what you think of that.


    Also for great summer reads rec Sixteenth Summer by Michelle Dalton and Stay by Deb Caletti are some of my faves :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Je suis d'accord avec Ingrid reads pour les Sarah Dessen, ils sont géniauuuux, je suis fan lol.
    En tout cas j'ai hâte de lire cette série... typiquement ce que j'aime ^^

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely adore The Summer I Turned Pretty! It was just the cutest, most perfect summer read! And I especially loved that it was laced with emotion. Great review!

    ReplyDelete