5.19.2011

Review : Illusions by Aprilynne Pike (spoiler free)

Goodreads :
Laurel hasn't seen Tamani since she begged him to let her go last year. Though her heart still aches, Laurel is confident that David was the right choice.
But just as life is returning to normal, Laurel discovers that a hidden enemy lies in wait. Once again, Laurel must turn to Tamani to protect and guide her, for the danger that now threatens Avalon is one that no faerie thought would ever be possible. And for the first time, Laurel cannot be sure that her side will prevail.


My thoughts : 
What can I say about this book except that it is awesome ? It is definitely my favorite book in the series .. I didn't realize I had missed the characters so much. As you know, I'm a strong supporter of Tamani and the main reason I loved this book that much is because my wish was fulfilled : Tamani is indeed really present in this third book =) !! I have no idea why but I appreciated Laurel more in this book .. I think it may be because she finally makes the choices I wanted her to make since the beginning of the series, lol. 
The plot wasn't really what drew me in and made it impossible to stop reading this book .. It was more the relationships between the characters that made this book unputdownable. 
I also loved learning more about faeries customs and myths (I especially really liked the excerpt where Tamani talks about King Arthur's legend ..). 
This book is beautifully written .. Mrs Pike really knows how to keep a reader's attention.
I really can't wait to read the fourth and last book and that's definitely a series I'm planning on re-reading. 


My rating :
Plot : ★★
Characters : ★★
Ending : ★★
Cover : ★
Writing : ★★

11 comments:

  1. Great review :).
    Oh Tamani <3
    " I have no idea why but I appreciated Laurel more in this book .." it's the opposite for me. She annoyed me in this one :/.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Review! I really feel your love for Tamani! I still have to start the series! :D Thanks for the Review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah! This book made me want to tear my hair out! But it was so goood to read! Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard such good things about this series, I really need to give it a try. I love when favorite characters of mine get more page time, that always makes me really happy too:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad that you enjoyed this book! I am hoping to start the series soon... (I find myself saying that a lot lately. lol) It sounds really good! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spells is still my favorite but I think I always like the book with the drama of who is the heroine going to pick because Eclipse is my favorite Twilight book because of the drama of who is she going to choose. Several other series favorite of mine are books where the most possible different plots and choices are going on lol. Glad you enjoyed this one I also can't wait for book 4

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY for more Tamani!!! I need to get my hands on a copy right away. Great review. I am even more excited to read this now :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS. I love the new header and blog layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great review! I have read wings and I love this series so far! I can't wait to read the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Going to note this series down. Hope my library has this one :)

    ReplyDelete