5.16.2011

Short Review : Ink Exchange by Melissa Marr. (spoiler free)

Goodreads : 
To 17-year-old Leslie, the tattoo is a thing of indescribable beauty, a captivating mark that she must make her own. But this subtle web of eyes and wings brings with it a transformation that no sweet young girl would ever imagine or welcome. Like its predecessor, this stand-alone sequel to Wicked Lovely plunges its youthful heroine into a faery world of almost constant peril. A tantalizing urban fantasy that won't let go

My thoughts : 
I'm really disappointed in this book. I was expecting so much more from it because I had heard that the series really got better .. but I definitely prefered the first book. I read this book in four days and generally when I take more than 2-3 days to read a book that means I'm not getting into it and not liking it. 
The characters were too sketchy for me and I didn't manage to like them for this very reason. Even the characters of Wicked Lovely that are present in this companion novel seemed inconsistent.
I'm not planning to read the other books in the series (though I have the third book sitting on my shelves = I may do a giveaway with the first three books of the series to win soon). I don't want to spend money in a series that I'm not sure I'll enjoy reading. 


My rating : 
Plot : ★★
Characters : ★★
Ending : ★★
Cover : ★
Writing : ★★

6 comments:

  1. Mince t'as vraiment été déçu dit donc :(. Ca me fait peur normalement je les lis bientôt donc je te dirais ce que j'en pense moi...

    Et tu penses carrément les mettre en concours sur ton blog?
    Ouais bon au moins ça te fait un concours sympa t'as raison si t'as pas aimé ^^.

    J'espère que j'aimerai vu que j'ai pris le risque d'avoir acheté tous les tomes avant -_-.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I wasn't too fond of Ink Exchange, either. It just didn't seem relevant enough to the Wicked Lovely series. =/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only read the first book in this series and I think I didn't continue because I wanted to just stick with the original characters and their story as opposed to switching to Leslie's and then back again. Too bad this one didn't quite live up to the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering about this one, it didn't look too amazing although I liked the cover well enough. Thanks for your honest review!

    Found through CEP. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw I'm sorry you didn't like this second book. Sigh and I have four of the books on my shelf to read. Well here is to hoping that I like the series lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Arf c'est dommage. Mais tente le tome trois parce qu'on retrouve plus les personnages du premier tome et il parait que c'est le meilleur de la saga... quitte à l'avoir ^^
    Mais bon dans le pire des cas je suis pas contre un concours (la fille qui prêche sa paroisse xD)

    ReplyDelete