6.10.2011

Review : Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost (spoiler free) :

Goodreads : Half-vampire Catherine Crawfield is going after the undead with a vengeance, hoping that one of these deadbeats is her father—the one responsible for ruining her mother's life. Then she's captured by Bones, a vampire bounty hunter, and is forced into an unholy partnership.
In exchange for finding her father, Cat agrees to train with the sexy night stalker until her battle reflexes are as sharp as his fangs. She's amazed she doesn't end up as his dinner—are there actually good vampires? Pretty soon Bones will have her convinced that being half-dead doesn't have to be all bad. But before she can enjoy her newfound status as kick-ass demon hunter, Cat and Bones are pursued by a group of killers. Now Cat will have to choose a side . . . and Bones is turning out to be as tempting as any man with a heartbeat.

My thoughts :
I actually already read the first two books in this series about a year ago in French and I loved them. I had planned for a long time to buy the five books in the series in English and read them one after the other. I loved re-reading Halfway to the grave as much as I loved reading it for the first time. I was so glad to have these characters back in my life (lol) .. Cat and Bones are one of my favorites couples of Paranormal Romance books. Cat is a kick ass female character, half-vampire, alf-human. Bones is definitely in my top ten of hotties .. On one hand he is this very manly and provocative character and on the other hand he's really sensitive and romantic. That's what I love about this character !!
I really enjoy Jeaniene Frost's books because, according to me, her writing is amazing. She manages to create a novel in which action is omnnipresent .. There are big fights, very passionate scenes between the two main characters and scenes charged with emotions ..
I love the ending of this book .. I remember when I finished reading it last year and I hadn't the second book in my possession, I was crazy ... I turned the last page and was like : "No this cannot end this way .. How am I going to wait 6 months (until the French translation) ?" !
Overall, I strongly advise you to buy this series .. This is a must read if you like Paranormal Romance. Cat and Bones will rock your world !

My rating : 

Plot : ★★
Characters : ★★
Ending : ★★
Cover : ★
Writing : ★★

12 comments:

  1. Yay! I totally love this series. IT was amazing! I'm glad you got to read it again in english this time! oh my! you're almost at your 50th book! this year! you'll make your goal for sure! <3 All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one I must buy! :) I have heard a lot of things about Cat and Bones! I can't wait to read about them! Great Review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only read the first book in this series, but I really loved it. (BONES!) I need to get caught up and read the rest of the series. It was so gooood! Glad you enjoyed it, and thanks for the spoiler free review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't heard of this series, but think I'll check them out! Great review!

    Book Addict

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just read the second book a few days ago and I'm with you I love the characters! But then again who wouldn't love Bones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to borrow these books from you comrade ;).

    I'm reading Dreamfever now :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a good action packed book and this one sound perfect. Great review. I am also awe struck that you read books in French. How cool is that?

    ReplyDelete
  8. J'ai de très bons echo sur ce livre et ça sur plusieurs blog, donc je pense très prochainement le lire et puis la quatrième de couverture est superbe (tout comme la couverture) ^^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome review! I agree Bones is one of my favourite male characters too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adding this one to the must read for Paranormals. I love kick arse women heroines and I know Jackie raved about this one too.

    Great review and if I go broke... I know who to blame ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds like such a fun series! I should really start reading more adult series, rather than just YA and MG all the time.

    ReplyDelete