1.29.2012

Review : Darkness Falls by Cate Tiernan

Goodreads : I'm still here. Still immortal. The eagerly anticipated sequel to Immortal Beloved, the deeply alluring gothic romance.
Reyn: the thorn in my side, nightmare of my past, destroyer of my family, constant irritant of my now . . . and the one whose fevered kisses I had relived over and over as I lay exhausted and unable to sleep.
And yet night after night, he--who has kicked down hundreds of doors--had not brought himself to knock on mine.
Are you dizzy from being flung into my world like this? I feel the same way every morning when I open my eyes to find I'm still me, still here.


My thoughts : Immortal Beloved was definitely among my favourite reads of 2011, so naturally I was very eager to get my hands on Darkness Falls. I had an awesome time reading this book : I love Cate Tiernan's writing and the world she has created.
One of the main reasons I love this series so much is the main character, Nas. She's such an amazing narrator : funny, strong .. Definitely one of my favourite lead female characters.
Like in the first book, Reyn is totally swoon worthy.. though I  would have liked to get more scenes with him and to learn new things about his past. Then, there's Incy. One of the main reasons I was so excited about reading this book was because I knew that I'd get to learn things about this dark and complex character. We only get a glimpse of him in the first book and I couldn't wait to know more about his link to Nastasya ..  I was so not disappointed : I loved the flashbacks and each scene he was in. 
Overall, I loved this book though there were a lot of things left unsolved according to me and I'm hoping the third and last book will bring some answers. Seriously, if you haven't read Immortal Beloved yet, you SHOULD do it like now !!! 
4.5 stars

5 comments:

  1. I'm seriously thnking that I need to read Immortal Beloved since everyone is rating these books so high.

    I'm glad you are enjoying this series.

    Thanks for the great review I will have to check this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I recognize these books through their new covers or was it their UK covers. Dunno. They're pretty and the title text is rotated to be vertically. It kind of hurts my eyes. But the cover is beautiful. Anyways! I haven't read this series yet! I didn't think the books were any good. Seriously. =.= I should start reading more reviews rather than judging a book by its cover. Haha. I can't help it. Anyways! Thanks so much for the review Elodie! I'm definitely going to pick this one up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only read a couple of the books from the Sweep series. I'll have to check this one out!

    Nice review.


    bookluvrmindy
    Magical Urban Fantasy Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, I love reading books with awesome mcs and swoon worthy guys! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have got to get into this series! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete