1.03.2012

Short Review : Fracture by Megan Miranda

Goodreads : Eleven minutes passed before Delaney Maxwell was pulled from the icy waters of a Maine lake by her best friend Decker Phillips. By then her heart had stopped beating. Her brain had stopped working. She was dead. And yet she somehow defied medical precedent to come back seemingly fine
-despite the scans that showed significant brain damage. Everyone wants Delaney to be all right, but she knows she's far from normal. Pulled by strange sensations she can't control or explain, Delaney finds herself drawn to the dying. Is her altered brain now predicting death, or causing it?
Then Delaney meets Troy Varga, who recently emerged from a coma with similar abilities. At first she's reassured to find someone who understands the strangeness of her new existence, but Delaney soon discovers that Troy's motives aren't quite what she thought. Is their gift a miracle, a freak of nature-or something much more frightening?


My review : 
First of all I'd like to thank Ingrid at Ingrid Reads for sending me the ARC of Fracture. This book was my first ARC ever so I was really excited about reading it. 
I have mixed feelings about Fracture though. It was a bit slow to start and I couldn't manage to get into the story and connect with the characters. I liked the whole story around Delaney's drowning and how she came back to life afterwards  but the characters just didn't feel real to me .. I guess I just wasn't expecting this kind of book and that may be why I'm this disappointed in Fracture. 

Overall, it's not a love but it's not a hate either ..  If you enjoy contemporary novels with a tiny bit of paranormal, this book is definitely for you. I'm personally not into this kind of books. I'm very interested in knowing what you think of this book if you've read it so leave the link of your review in the comments section please :) !! 

3 Stars ★★★

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you couldn't get into the story Elodie. I don't like it when the characters don't feel real to me and I can't connect with them. I just read a book where I didn't love it, but didn't hate it either, just kind of on the fence about it still! Have a great week Elodie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!

    Oh, I'm sorry you didn't really like it. I know it's one of the most anticipated books. But I understand the 'character problem'. We'll see, I like when books have paranormal and it is not the most important aspect in the book :)

    I still have to read it though. You'll see what I think about it :) One day, this year xD

    ReplyDelete