1.22.2012

Short Review : Wolfsbane by Andrea Cremer

Goodreads : When Calla Tor wakes up in the lair of the Searchers, her sworn enemies, she's certain her days are numbered. But then the Searchers make her an offer, one that gives her the chance to destroy her former masters and save the pack and the man she left behind. Is Ren worth the price of her freedom? And will Shay stand by her side no matter what? Now in control of her own destiny, Calla must decide which battles are worth fighting and how many trials true love can endure and still survive.

My thoughts : I feel like it took me forever to read this book. It actually took me 12 days which is so unlike me .. It was good but I didn't have that much time to read lately and unfortunately it prevented me from loving it.
I loved the new characters !! Seriously the Searchers are way more awesome than the guardians, Andrea Cremer should definitely write a companion book about them .. Connor, Ethan and Adne were actually my favourite characters of this book. 
To my great dismay, there was something missing, or rather someone, in Wolfsbane and this someone was Ren. I loved him in the first book and I was a bit disappointed to get just one scene featuring him .. Besides, I don't know why but Shay really got on my nerves !!
I accidentally learn the ending of Bloodrose and I'm a bit dissatisfied with it so I may wait a bit before reading it.. 
Overall, Wolfsbane was a good read. The highlight of this book for me was meeting the searchers .. 
Let me know what you thought of this book in the comments' section :) !!

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad there was new characters introduced, I can't wait to meet the searchers! That is a total bummer that Ren is only in the one scene! I think Shay is good for Calla, but Ren is good for me LOL! I still need to read this one, I've had it forever, just need to get around to read it! Thanks for the great review Elodie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rien qu'à la fin du premier tome, j'avais très envie de découvrir ces chercheurs ! Par contre, Shay m'y énervait déjà x) L'idée de ne pas trouver Ren dans le second ne me donne pas envie de le commencer ^^
    Les avis sont assez mitigés, certains ont adoré ...
    Merci pour la review ! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, too bad this one left you a bit disappointed. I still have to read this series! I think I will eventually because I think overall, I will like them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jsuis désolé pour t'avoir révélé la fin :(. Gros quiproquo ^^.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been really hesitant to read this one just because I've heard there's so little Ren. I love him! I know I'll get to this one eventually, but it's hard to want to start it knowing I'll get so little time with him:( And from the sound of your reaction to Bloodrose, I might be disappointed with the ending as well. I LOVE YOU REN!

    ReplyDelete