1.04.2012

Waiting on Wednesday : The Gathering Storm by Robin Bridges


Waiting on Wednesday spotlights upcoming reeases that everyone is excited about (created by Jill at Breaking the Spine).

Goodreads : St. Petersburg, Russia, 1888. As she attends a whirl of glittering balls, royal debutante Katerina Alexandrovna, Duchess of Oldenburg, tries to hide a dark secret: she can raise the dead. No one knows. Not her family. Not the girls at her finishing school. Not the tsar or anyone in her aristocratic circle. Katerina considers her talent a curse, not a gift. But when she uses her special skill to protect a member of the Imperial Family, she finds herself caught in a web of intrigue. 
An evil presence is growing within Europe's royal bloodlines—and those aligned with the darkness threaten to topple the tsar. Suddenly Katerina's strength as a necromancer attracts attention from unwelcome sources . . . including two young men—George Alexandrovich, the tsar's standoffish middle son, who needs Katerina's help to safeguard Russia, even if he's repelled by her secret, and the dashing Prince Danilo, heir to the throne of Montenegro, to whom Katerina feels inexplicably drawn.
The time has come for Katerina to embrace her power, but which side will she choose—and to whom will she give her heart?

Release Date : January 10th.

This one sounds amazing !! I haven't read about necromancy since the Anita Blake series 3 years ago and this one is set in Russia during the XIXth century so that definitely should be good ! I've already pre ordered my copy and I really can't wait to receive it because it looks gorgeous ! 

Which book are you waiting for ? =) 

10 comments:

  1. I am reading this now. I have seen some mixed reviews, but am really loving it so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is on my want list too! It sounds so good. Great pick, and thanks for stopping by my WOW:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read many books about necromancy, but this sounds great! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm curious about this one! I haven't read any reviews at all on it yet. Great pick!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick. Ive heard of this book, but never read the synopsis. It sounds really good. I hope you enjoy it!
    Thanks for sharing & for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really looking forward to reading this as well! I love books about necromancy. :) Can't wait to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally love any YA Historical Fiction, so I definitely can't wait to read this once. Great pick! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY I can't wait for this one too!!! I'm not a big fan of the ghosts and spirits aspect but it sounds great in terms of the fact that it takes place in the past and the cover is gorgeous! Great pick :)

    Happy Holidays!

    Jaskirat~SeeitORreadit

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know, I wasn't that excited about this one until I saw the trailer! Now I can't wait! Great pick, Elodie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooo Russia in the 1880's, a cute prince and the main character can raise the dead?! How have I not heard of this book until now! OMG Elodie I'm totally adding this to my tbr pile, thanks for this post! :)

    ReplyDelete