1.18.2012

Waiting on Wednesday :

Waiting On Wednesday spotlights upcoming releases that everyone's excited about (created by Jill at Breaking the Spine). 
Goodreads : Inquisitive and observant, Dora dreams of escaping her aristocratic country life to solve mysteries alongside Sherlock Holmes. So when she learns that the legendary detective might be her biological father, Dora jumps on the opportunity to travel to London and enlist his help in solving the mystery of her cousin’s ransomed love letters. But Dora arrives in London to devastating news: Sherlock Holmes is dead. Her dreams dashed, Dora is left to rely on her wits—and the assistance of an attractive yet enigmatic young detective—to save her cousin’s reputation and maybe even rescue a kidnapped heiress along the way. 
Steeped in Victorian atmosphere and intrigue, this gripping novel heralds the arrival of a fresh new voice in young adult literature.

My thoughts : What's not to love ? "Victorian atmosphere" and Sherlock holmes ... I NEED THIS BOOK!! I love the Sherlock show and I already have all the Sherlock Holmes books sitting on my shelves that I'm dying to read .. Secret Letters sounds like a really good YA book !! 

I'm so sorry I haven't posted lately but I had a lot of work with College and I applied to the Erasmus programme so it took me a long time to take care of my application. I haven't read that much to my dismay, I'm almost done with Wolfsbane and I will post my review soon ..

Happy reading dear followers :)

6 comments:

  1. Ha, that would be something different for me. And one can never do anything wrong with a good Sherlock Holmes story!

    And.. awesome for deciding to join Erasmus, where would you want to go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this book sounds reaaaally great :) Never heard of it before, thanks!

    Good luck with your Erasmus application ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, I love Sherlock. <3
    This book sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah how have I not heard of this one before!? Sherlock Holmes? OMG I really want to read this too! I hope you're loving Wolfsbane, can't wait to see your review :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have I told you that I love your blog design? This one does sound pretty good!


    bookluvrmindy
    Magical Urban Fantasy Reads

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh je l'ai vu ya pas longtemps sur goodreads celui là il à l'air génial :D

    ReplyDelete