2.10.2012

Daring You to Read : Birthmarked by Caragh M O'Brien


I've decided to join the fun and to do this great meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews which is a blog that I love. If you don't know this blog, which I highly doubt, go check it out !!  I'm a bit late because, usually, your Daring You to Read post is supposed to be on your blog on Thursday .. Anyway, here's the book that I'm daring you to read this week :

Goodreads blurbs : 1) In the Enclave, your scars set you apart, and the newly born will change the future.
Sixteen-year-old Gaia Stone and her mother faithfully deliver their quota of three infants every month. But when Gaia's mother is brutally taken away by the very people she serves, Gaia must question whether the Enclave deserves such loyalty. A stunning adventure brought to life by a memorable heroine, this dystopian debut will have readers racing all the way to the dramatic finish.
2) In the future, in a world baked dry by the harsh sun, there are those who live inside the wall and those, like sixteen-year-old midwife, Gaia Stone, who live outside. Gaia has always believed it is her duty, with her mother, to hand over a small quota of babies to the Enclave. But when Gaia’s mother and father are arrested by the very people they so dutifully serve, Gaia is forced to question everything she has been taught to believe. Gaia’s choice is now simple: enter the world of the Enclave to rescue her parents, or die trying.

I read this book in 2011 though it was a 2010 release and I LOVED it! Definitely one of my favourite books of the year .. It is one of the best dytopian novels I've ever read and Caragh M O'Brien's writing is amazing ! I read the second book Prized as soon as it came out and loved it even more, if that's even possible .. 
I also met the author last year in Paris and she was so nice .. I only talked to her for like 2 minutes and I hadn't even read the book at the time, and she was truly amazing !! I'm dying to read the third and last book in the series entitled Promised, which will be released in the Fall 2012. 

Here's the latest cover for this book that I find absolutely gorgeous : 

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recommendation. I am adding this to my TBR right now. :)
    -FABR Steph@FiveAlarmBookReviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't realized this book was dystopian! I'll have to add it to my wishlist =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't as much into dsytopian when this book came out but I think I definitely need to read it now since that entire genre has really grown on me:) Thanks for the reminder on this one Elodie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great recommendation, Elodie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been seriously debating on whether or not I should pick this book up or not, but now that you dared me to, I'm totally going to read it now! I also, LOVE the cover of the paperback, so gorgeous! Thanks for the awesome dare Elodie! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Faudrait vraiment que je lise ces livres tu as l'air de tellement les aimer :).
    Mais vu que je suis pas trop dystopie ça me fait un peu peur. Tu pense vraiment que ça pourrait me plaire?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember hearing so many great things about this book when it came out--but I never got a chance to pick it up. Thank you for reminding me about it!

    Shanan
    http://thebookaddictnet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely need to read this one some time soon! It's been on my must-read list forever! Thanks for recommending it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, thank you for the reminder that I need to read this! I've heard so many amazing things from everyone who reads it. And congrats on getting to meet the author!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just started it tonight because of this post! Thanks Elodie! :)

    ReplyDelete