2.16.2012

Daring You to Read : Jennifer Brown's books !!


Goodreads : When Alex falls for the charming new boy at school, Cole, a handsome, funny, sports star who adores her, she can't believe she's finally found her soul mate-someone who truly understands her and loves her for who she really is.
At first, Alex is blissfully happy. Sure, Cole seems a little jealous of her relationship with her best friends, Zack and Bethany, but what guy would want his girlfriend spending all of her time with another boy? But as the months pass, Alex can no longer ignore Cole's small put-downs, pinches, or increasingly violent threats. As Alex struggles to come to terms with the sweet boyfriend she fell in love with and the boyfriend whose "love" she no longer recognizes, she is forced to choose - between her "true love" and herself.

This book blew me away. I thought about it for a long time after having finished reading it .. Jennifer's writing is amazing and I strongly recomment this book if you're looking for a powerful read.  Here's my review.  


I would also like to recommend her other book : Hate List 

Goodreads : After Valerie Leftman's boyfriend, Nick, opens fire on their school cafeteria, Val is shot trying to stop him, but is implicated in the shootings because of the list she helped create. Now, Val is forced to confront her guilt as she returns to school to complete her senior year. A "School Library Journal" Best Book of the Year.

This one was actually my first jennifer Brown's book and I adored it as well. 
I strongly advise you to pick up her books if you haven't yet .. 
If you've read these books, whad did you think of them ? :)

9 comments:

  1. Another author to be added to my ever increasing 'TBR' pile....

    Participating in Dare You to Read

    http://thereadingcafe.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of this author, but the descriptions of her books spark my interest. I will have to look at them at the book store (see if I can get a good idea once I get a hand on one). :)

    Shanan
    http://thebookaddictnet.blogspot.com/2012/02/book-addict-dares-you-to-read-unwanteds.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FYI--I mentioned you on my blog as one of the blogs I think is lovely. :)

      Shanan
      http://thebookaddictnet.blogspot.com/2012/02/tag-your-itthe-award-goes-to.html

      Delete
  3. Crap, I posted my comment for this post on the below post because I thought they went together. I'm super challenged today Elodie, so sorry! Most of that comment still applies except for the fact that your WOW pick isn't by Jennifer Brown:) So, I revise my comment to say I'll start with Bitter End:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just recently heard about Hate List and was so very close to buying it at the store. I'm glad you liked them! I need to definitely read a Jennifer Brown book now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. These books definitely seem thought-provoking and powerful. I will definitely keep an eye out for them.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, these looks like great books! I have to add them to my TBR list right now!

    New follower, by the way! Congrats on having over 300 followers! Also, I'm about to read Legend by Marie Lu, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Duly noted. I'm always on the lookout for amazing writers! Her books sound intense - but good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been wanting to read The Hate List for a while I didn't know of her other book! They both sound awesome!

    ReplyDelete