2.23.2012

Daring You to Read : Forbidden by Tabita Suzuma

Goodreads : She is pretty and talented - sweet sixteen and never been kissed. He is seventeen; gorgeous and on the brink of a bright future. And now they have fallen in love. But... they are brother and sister.
Seventeen-year-old Lochan and sixteen-year-old Maya have always felt more like friends than siblings. Together they have stepped in for their alcoholic, wayward mother to take care of their three younger siblings. As defacto parents to the little ones, Lochan and Maya have had to grow up fast. And the stress of their lives—and the way they understand each other so completely—has also also brought them closer than two siblings would ordinarily be. So close, in fact, that they have fallen in love. Their clandestine romance quickly blooms into deep, desperate love. They know their relationship is wrong and cannot possibly continue. And yet, they cannot stop what feels so incredibly right. As the novel careens toward an explosive and shocking finale, only one thing is certain: a love this devastating has no happy ending.


I Dare You : Forbidden is seriously one of the best books I've ever read : it is beautifuly written and really really moving. I think it's the book that had me crying the most ..  I totally see how some of you could be reluctant to pick up this one but it is really worth it. Trust me, you won't be disappointed !! So today, I DARE YOU to read Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma !!

Want to participate in Daring You To Read? Head over Tynga's Reviews

11 comments:

  1. I randomly received a copy of that book for review and it's def not my genre but it did look good. I'll get to it some day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhh! I really need to read this! I've been eying it for a while now and really just need to make the decision to pick it up. It's going to be intense and amazing, I know it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of this, and I don't know why! It sounds so interesting and good! Yeah, I can see why people would be hesitant to pick it up. I also love the cover. I will definitely be putting this on my TBR. Thanks, Elodie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've already read it and I loved it too ! I was really chocked and also cried so much x) Hope it'll be released in French one day ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard such great things about this book, despite the taboo subject. I think I will take your dare...someday when the TBR pile goes down a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eep! I might be too chicken to complete this dare! Then again, everyone seems to say really good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have heard wonderful things about this one but I keep forgetting to look it up when I am at the store. I will have to add it to my list--sometimes I really wish the bookstores would promote books like this as much as they do the "popular" novels. You know what I mean?

    Shanan
    http://thebookaddictnet.blogspot.com/2012/02/book-addict-dares-you-to-read-hunger.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read Forbidden, but have been meaning to. Thanks for the suggestion. This is a cut meme. I will head over to Tynga's Reviews and check out the details to add to my meme links.
    -FABR Steph@FiveAlarmBookReviews

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pick! I haven't read this one yet! I will definitely add it to my plan to read list!

    My Dare

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVED this book, seriously it was my second fav of 2011. What Tabitha did was so amazing, her writing is beautiful and she makes a dark yet beautiful tale in this book. I can't wait to read more by her.

    ReplyDelete
  11. YES! This book still makes me super emotional just talking about it! It totally changed my views and just rocked in every way possible! Awesome Dare! :D

    ReplyDelete