2.21.2012

Dusty Reads : The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff



Goodreads : Mackie Doyle is not one of us. Though he lives in the small town of Gentry, he comes from a world of tunnels and black murky water, a world of living dead girls ruled by a little tattooed princess. He is a Replacement, left in the crib of a human baby sixteen years ago. Now, because of fatal allergies to iron, blood, and consecrated ground, Mackie is fighting to survive in the human world.
Mackie would give anything to live among us, to practice on his bass or spend time with his crush, Tate. But when Tate's baby sister goes missing, Mackie is drawn irrevocably into the underworld of Gentry, known as Mayhem. He must face the dark creatures of the Slag Heaps and find his rightful place, in our world, or theirs.



I've had this book sitting on my shelves for more than a year.. I don't know why I've not read it yet because it sounds very good. The main character is a boy which would definitely be a change for me .. It sounds very unique and the cover looks so creepy !! I'll try to read it soon ... Have you read this one ?

8 comments:

  1. I remember when this book came out and I thought it looked interesting. But I haven't read it either. It's got a very ominous cover as well. Great choice, Elodie!!

    Krista - Nawanda Files

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read it yet, but I really want too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still can't decide should I buy this or not, the story looks original and interesting though.
    Hope you'll read it soon and will wait for your thought of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice! I was actually looking at this very book in Barnes & Noble today. What a cool coincidence. I hope you can get to it soon.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read it yet either. Love the cover - so creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one is a dusty reads for me as well. I keep putting it off because the reviews are a bit disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been meaning to read this for a while now. :) Looking forward to seeing what you think of it when you do read it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really really love this cover ! But it kind of scares me :p Maybe one day I'll read it, if it isn't released in French ^^
    Happy reading ;)

    ReplyDelete