2.07.2012

Dusty Reads

Dusty Reads is a weekly meme, hosted at Xpresso Reads, featuring a book that has been sitting unread on your home shelf for some time. To participate, add your link here.
Goodreads : Everybody gets to be supermodel gorgeous. What could be wrong with that? Tally is about to turn sixteen, and she can't wait. Not for her license -- for turning pretty. In Tally's world, your sixteenth birthday brings an operation that turns you from a repellent ugly into a stunningly attractive pretty and catapults you into a high-tech paradise where your only job is to have a really great time. In just a few weeks Tally will be there.But Tally's new friend Shay isn't sure she wants to be pretty. She'd rather risk life on the outside. When Shay runs away, Tally learns about a whole new side of the pretty world and it isn't very pretty. The authorities offer Tally the worst choice she can imagine: find her friend and turn her in, or never turn pretty at all. The choice Tally makes changes her world forever.

I've heard amazing things about this one and I love dystopian novels but I still haven't read it ... Have you ? Please tell me in the comments section if you've enjoyed it. 

4 comments:

  1. OOOMG you HAVE to read these if you like dystopians! I loved this whole series it's so much fun!! :D

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Uglies. I read it in high school because it was assigned reading. It's seriously amazing!

    Krista - Nawanda Files

    ReplyDelete
  3. I interested to this series but haven't decide to buy it yet. The cover looks stunning!
    I hope you'll enjoy reading it =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this one a couple years ago and I liked it...but I didn't love it. I have the following 3 books but haven't picked them up yet and I'm not sure if/when I will.

    Magical Urban Fantasy Reads
    bookluvrmindy

    ReplyDelete