2.02.2012

Review : Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton

Goodreads :  
First there are nightmares.
Every night Ellie is haunted by terrifying dreams of monstrous creatures that are hunting her, killing her.
Then come the memories.
When Ellie meets Will, she feels on the verge of remembering something just beyond her grasp. His attention is intense and romantic, and Ellie feels like her soul has known him for centuries. On her seventeenth birthday, on a dark street at midnight, Will awakens Ellie's power, and she knows that she can fight the creatures that stalk her in the grim darkness. Only Will holds the key to Ellie's memories, whole lifetimes of them, and when she looks at him, she can no longer pretend anything was just a dream.
Now she must hunt.
Ellie has power that no one can match, and her role is to hunt and kill the reapers that prey on human souls. But in order to survive the dangerous and ancient battle of the angels and the Fallen, she must also hunt for the secrets of her past lives and truths that may be too frightening to remember.


My thoughts : 
I was dying to read this book mostly because of all the awesome reviews I had read. I have to admit that I was a bit skeptical at first though, because I'm not really into paranormal romances featuring angels and demons. However, I was pleasantly surprised ! It was a bit hard to get into the story but the more I read the more I grew fond of the characters. Ellie is just my type of female heroin : badass without being too tough .. I really enjoyed reading from her point of view. Meeting Will, whom I had heard so many wonderful things about, was also great. He's a very interesting character and I'm hoping to learn more about his past with Wings of th Wicked (which I've already ordered!!). I loved all the fighting scenes that I found amazinggly written !!
The one thing that bothered me a bit about this book was the whole angel/God thing because I'm not a believer though I greatly respect those who are .. It was one thing that I felt like I couldn't relate to but that's not something that will prevent me from reading the sequel, that's for sure :)!! 
I really enjoyed the plot and I'm hoping that the second book will be as good or even better than Angelfire !!

Overall, the highlight of this book for me was the two main characters which form an amazing duo and I can't wait to read more about them !! 
Have you read Wings of the Wicked ? Did you like it ? 

4 stars, I really liked this book !

12 comments:

  1. Seems like I didn't like the book as much as you did. The characters didn't interest me, though I did like the fight scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you enjoyed this one too Elodie! I agree it took a little while to get into, but once I was in, I just devoured it. Loved Ellie and Will together, and I can't wait to see what happens in the next book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you were able to enjoy this, Elodie! That ending just left me shaking my head. It's hard to swallow even as a believer, trust me. ;-)
    I hope to enjoy Wings of the Wicked much more.

    (I did really like Will!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still need to read this one so I'm glad you liked it! I love main characters who are kick ass, but not too tough so that's awesome! I don't know exactly what my beliefs are at this point in my life, so it should be interesting to see what all this God/Angel talk is about. Thanks for the great review Elodie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, so glad you liked this! Ellie is a kick-ass heroine isn't she?! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOooAwesome that you liked it!! It's hard to go into such a story with so many expectations so I'm glad you still gave it a chance! AndI also agree on the characters - I love Ellie and Will*swoon* I'm just reading Wings of Wicked right now and I'm loooving it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm the same about god so I'm glad it doesn't effect the book much. I really want to read this one too! Great review!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE those one SO much! The second book is even better :) I love the characters of this one too - one of my favorite aspects of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Since everyone is talking about this one I can't wait to read it. Plus my name is on the hold list for the second book at the library so I need to read this one soon.

    I'm glad you liked the story and I hope you continue with the series!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love me some well written fight scenes! And Ellie sounds awesome! I really need to read this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you liked it...but you now need to read Wings of the Wicked because it is 100 times better! It's freakin' AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had this from the library a while back, but didn't have the chance to read it. It sounds like I'm definitely going to have to check it out again!

    ReplyDelete