2.10.2012

Review : To Tame a Highland Warrior (Highlander #2) by Karen Marie Moning

Goodreads : Only her love could gentle his savage soul.
He was born to a clan of warriors of supernatural strength, but Gavrael McIllioch abandoned his name and his Highland castle, determined to escape the dark fate of his ancestors. Hiding his identity from the relentless rival clan that hunted him, he called himself Grimm to protect the people he cared for, vowing never to acknowledge his love for ravishing Jillian St. Clair. Yet even from afar he watched over her, and when her father sent an urgent summons, "Come for Jillian," he raced to her side—into a competition to win her hand in marriage.
Why had he run from her so many years before? And why return now to see her offered as a prize in her father's manipulative game? Furious, Jillian vowed never to wed. But Grimm was the man she loved, the one who urged her to marry another. He tried to pretend indifference as she tempted him, but he could not deny the fierce desires that compelled him to abduct her from the altar. She was the only woman who could tame the beast that raged within him—even as deadly enemies plotted to destroy them both...

My thoughts :  I'm a huge fan of the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning so I wanted to give a shot to her other adult series. I read the first book in the series 2 months ago and really enjoyed it. These books are very quick reads so I've decided that I would read two books in this series per month from now on, in order to have finished readind this series by the time the new book in the Fever series comes out. 
So, as I was saying it was a quick and light read. These books are mainly focused on the romance between the two main characters rather than on a complex plot, which is exactly what I expect to get when I read 
them ...
One of the flaws of this book is that it is very cheesy and predictable but that's also one of its qualities .. I mean I'm not reading these books because I yearn for a great story with complicated twists.. but because I'm looking for a light and sexy romance !!
This is an adult book so it obviously contains some really steamy scenes, which you had probably understood on your own looking at this cover (which I don't like at all, these covers are pretty widespread btw and I really hate them).
Overall, if you're looking for a quick paranormal romance book, this one is definitely for you !!
I just want to add that if you haven't read the Fever series yet, which is not all like the Higlander series (great plot, packed with action, 2 fabulous main characters!!), what are you waiting for ?!?!


3.5 Stars : I liked it !!

5 comments:

  1. Sadly I have not yet read the Fever series but I do own the first book. I do really want to try her Highlander series as well though once I figure out if I like her writing or not.

    Thanks for the great review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of Morning, but I haven't heard of this series or the other books. I need to check out the Fever series. Sometimes a nice, uncomplicated story is in order!
    Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also started the Highlander books after I started Fever and was waiting desperately for Shadowfever... ( I still remember this horrible period in my life) and I agree with you they are light fun, predictably and very cheesy - but this exactly serves the point right?
    It gets more awesome with book 4 I believe when the McKeltars are first introduced !*swooon* This is when the two series wave together! Gosh, I want to read them again now .. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the first one in my TBR pile, but haven't read it yet... surely one day. I'l glad you enjoyed the second one, I've only read the one about Adam Black (this one was awesome!)

    ReplyDelete