2.13.2012

Review : Wings of the Wicked by Courtney Allison Moulton

Goodreads : Life as the Preliator is harder than Ellie ever imagined.
Balancing real life with the responsibility of being Heaven’s warrior is a challenge for Ellie. Her relationship with Will has become all business, though they both long for each other. And now that the secret of who she really is has come out, so have Hell’s strongest reapers. Grown bold and more vicious, the demonic threaten her in the light of day and stalk her in the night.
 
She’s been warned.
Cadan, a demonic reaper, comes to her with information about Bastian’s new plan to destroy Ellie’s soul and use an ancient relic to wake all the souls of the damned and unleash them upon humanity. As she fights to stay ahead of Bastian’s schemes , the revelations about those closest to her awaken a dark power within Ellie that threatens to destroy everything—including herself.
She’ll be betrayed.
Treachery comes even from those whom she loves, and Ellie is broken by the deaths of those who stood beside her in this Heavenly war. Still, she must find a way to save the world, herself, and her love for Will. If she fails, there will be hell to pay. 


My thoughts :
I’m so glad I read this book ; I really liked Angelfire but I don't know why, I always fear to be disappointed in sequels. Nevertheless, Wings of the Wicked was an awesome read, probably my favourite book of 2012 so far. It’s a huge book but it didn’t take me that long to read it as I was enthralled .. I never got bored while I was reading this book, I felt like the pages were turning from themselves ; which is according to me, what makes a great book.
I love Ellie and Will, they definitely form one of my favourite YA couples !! There were very cute and hot scenes in WotW with the two of them and Will and Ellie are for sure the greatest assets of this book according to me, both as a couple and individually.
I’m also a big fan of Cadan, I was hoping to get some scenes featuring him , as we only get a glimpse of him in Angelfire, and I was very pleased to see my wish granted (though I definitely remain on Team Will) !! Moreover, Kate and Marcus were awesome as well  !!
One thing that I love about this book was that it mixes Ellies’ two lives : her life as the Preliator (professional and badass) and her average teenage girl’s life (parties, friends ..). Getting to read about these 2 different aspects was amazing.. Besides, Will has a place in both so that’s even more awesome !!
There were really moving scenes in this novel and I have to admit that I found myself on the edge of tears more than once. The ending was amazing : what a cliffhanger !!! I can’t wait to read the next book .. Does anyone know when it comes out by the way ?
Overall, Wings of the Wicked was pure awesomeness and a real page turner : it is packed with action, has GREAT characters and I strongly advise you to pick up a copy as soon as you can .. Definitely my favourite book of the year so far !! 

5 stars : Pure awesomeness !!

9 comments:

  1. I'm really glad you enjoyed WotW. The action scenes really are great. I, too, really adore Will. He's by far my favorite character.
    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I'm not at all excited about the fact that there's a whopper of a cliffhanger at the end of this one, I'm really glad that it doesn't suffer from any of the second book pitfalls that affect so many others out there. Can't wait for more Ellie and Will, and I'm looking forward to getting to know some of the other characters better as well. Thanks for the review Elodie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woooho! Sooo happy you loved it as well!! I think it had everything what makes a sequel awesome and it simply delivered! I still do love and adore Will, Ellie is kick ass and .. well what can I say you didn't ! And I agree on Cadan he's such an interesting character andI bet we do see more of him :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaaahhhh tu me donne trop trop envie de te les emprunter :D ! Ta review est enthousiaste en plus un de tes meilleures livres de 2012 pour le moment c'est que ça doit être bien :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I glad to hear that this sequel is not a disappointment. Like you, I am often apprehensive about the second book in the series. I'm not a huge fan of cliffhangers though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh, so glad you enjoyed this one. I'm a fan of Ellie and Will too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear you thought this was awesome! I still need to read Angelfire.. Maybe I can get to that eventually! lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for this one being such a great read! I love when books can just blow you away with the sequel. Since I just got this series from the library I can't wait to read it!

    Thanks for the great review

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm currently reading it but I'm a little disappointed at this moment, it's not so good as the first book for me ;(

    ReplyDelete