2.15.2012

Waiting on Wednesday : The Breakaway by Michelle Davidson Argyle

Goodreads : When Naomi Jensen is kidnapped, it takes her parents two days to realize she’s missing. Escape isn’t high on her list of priorities when all she has to return to is an abusive boyfriend and parents who never paid much attention to her. For the first time in her life she’s part of a family—even if it is a family of criminals. But she’s still a captive. In a desperate attempt to regain some control in her life, Naomi embarks on a dangerous plan to make one of her kidnappers think she’s falling in love with him. The plan works too well, and when faced with the chance to escape, Naomi isn’t sure she wants to take it. 
Expected publication: May 1st 2012 by Rhemalda Publishing.


This one sounds very interesting, I'm very intrigued bith by the blurb and the cover ... Can't wait  for this one to be released ! 


Which book are you waiting for on this Wednesday ?

12 comments:

  1. Haven't heard of this, but it does sound interesting! Great pick this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick! I had The BReakaway as my choice recently. If it's well-done, it should be great.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo haven't heard of this one before Elodie but I LOVE the sound of it! It takes her parents 2 days to realize she's missing? That makes me sad for her:( I'm really intrigued by the stockholm syndrome aspect and whether it stays a ploy to help her escape or becomes real:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an interesting twist on a kidnapping story. I love the aspect of stockholm syndrome coming into play.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, definitely an interesting premise. I agree with Jenny---the whole thing just makes me so sad for her! Great pick, Elodie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this sounds amazing! I've never seen this one before but it does sound fantastic. I think it has a very unique blot and I hope it lives up to it! Thank you for sharing this one today:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my first look at this book. Thanks for sharing it. It sounds like a read that I would enjoy.
    -FABR Steph@FiveAlarmBookReviews

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this sounds really good I look forward to reading it too!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eek, this looks intense... and scary. I'll be interested in reading some early reviews, see what people think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooo I need to take you up on your dare Elodie because I haven't read any of her books. I think I want to start with The Breakaway though, I'm super intrigued by the whole premise of that one:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds awesome! I can't believe I haven't heard of it before. Great pick :))

    ReplyDelete
  12. This one looks interesting - I hadn't heard of it before. thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete