2.08.2012

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting On Wednesday spotlights upcoming releases that everyone's excited about (created by Jill at Breaking the Spine). 
Goodreads : Two hundred years from now, blood has become the most valuable commodity on the planet - especially the blood of aboriginal peoples, for it contains antibodies that protect them from the plague that is ravaging the rest of the world.
Sixteen-year-old Cassandra Mercredi might be immune to the plague, but that doesn't mean she's safe. Government forces are searching for those of aboriginal heritage to harvest their blood. When a search threatens Cass and her family, they flee to the Island, a mysterious and idyllic territory protected by the Band, a group of guerilla warriors, and by an enigmatic energy barrier that keeps outsiders out and the spirit world in. And though the village healer has taken Cass under her wing, and the tribal leader's son into his heart, the spirit world is angry, and it has chosen Cass to be its voice and instrument...

Release date : June 5th 201

Doesn't it sound great ?  It seems so unique and truly amazing .. I really can't wait for this one to be released. Besides, the cover looks gorgeous !! Which book are you waiting for on this Wednesday ?

11 comments:

  1. Definitely looking forward to this one, too---and that cover is gorgeous, so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really unique and quite scary. I wouldn't want people after me for my blood. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this one before but it sounds AMAZING. Thanks for putting it on my radar Elodie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ca à l'air particulier mais bon comme tu le sais c'est pas un genre qui j'adore tout ce qui est dystopie dans le futur ect... ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pick! I hadn't heard of this one yet. I love the cover & the synopsis seems really good.
    Thanks for sharing, Elodie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the first I hear of this and yeah it sounds really different! Great pick!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds great! I would love to see more books featuring aboriginal main characters - there aren't that many!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one looks quite brilliant - I cannot wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It for sure sounds interesting! I'll wait until I see some reviews before I pick this one up.


    Magical Urban Fantasy Reads
    bookluvrmindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I like the cover for this one! I hadn't heard of it before either. I'm definitely going to have to check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I coulda' swore that I'd already commented because I was looking at this same post yesterday and earlier today. LoL

    Anyways, this one does sound a little interesting. I think I'll watch out for reviews before I commit to reading this one. I haven't seen it before seeing it here. Nice, original pick!

    ReplyDelete