3.15.2012

Daring You to Read : the Summer series by Jenny Han :

Goodreads : Belly measures her life in summers. Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August. Winters are simply a time to count the weeks until the next summer, a place away from the beach house, away from Susannah, and most importantly, away from Jeremiah and Conrad. They are the boys that Belly has known since her very first summer--they have been her brother figures, her crushes, and everything in between. But one summer, one terrible and wonderful summer, the more everything changes, the more it all ends up just the way it should have been all along.

I know the reviews on this series are really mixed but I chose it for my dare anyway because it's one of my favourite contemporary series !! I read the three books last year before summer and I absolutely loved them. They are light and quick reads that I totally advise you to pick up during a sunny day :) !! The third book which is entitled We'll Always Have Summer was pure awesomeness ..
I'm really reconsidering re-reading them this summer !! Have you read this series ? Did you like it ?

14 comments:

  1. Ack!! I have this series on my shelf, and completely forgot! Thanks for reminding me. I will read the series ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY !!! The first two books are pretty good but the last one is amazing !!

      Delete
  2. I'm not into contemporary but if you are willing to re-read it it must be good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like contemporary books that much either but this series is great :) !!

      Delete
  3. I don't read many contemporary books, but every time I pick one up I fall in love with it and I've heard this series is AMAZING. Must read it Elodie! I think maybe this summer is the summer I need to take these on vacation and devour them:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you should definitely take these with you this summer Jenny :)!!

      Delete
  4. I swear most days I feel like you are taking books off of my TBR Pile and telling me I should read them!

    Sigh, this is another one that I own and must read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OHHH Sorry Alexa .. I really look forward to know what you think of this series :) !!

      Delete
  5. I'm really tempted to read this books. They sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I. LOVE. THIS. SERIES. SO. FREAKING. MUCH. I hadn't known the reviews were mixed. I just assumed everyone loved it, lol. Great choice, Elodie! This series is definitely one of my favorites. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the first book (and I the second or third one, I can't remember the title) but now I have to read it! I love that you are even thinking about reading them again!
    Dare accepted! haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen this series around. I'm glad you liked it! I love fast reads so I may give it a go :)

    ReplyDelete