3.22.2012

Daring You to Read : Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

 
Goodreads : Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Clair: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home.                                                                       I Dare You : I'm pretty sure you've already read this book but it is one my favourite contemporary and if you haven't read it yet I strongly recommend you to start reading this one NOW. I'm not a huge fan of contmeporary books but this one is definitely something else .. Here are two reasons why you should read this book : Etienne St. Clair, British ! Have you read this book ? What did you think of it ?

9 comments:

  1. Loved Anna and the French Kiss! I don't read much contemporary either, and you are so right it is different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh I love, love, love this book! St. Clair *drool* awesome book for the dare Elodie! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, yes, yes!!!! I love this book! I'm also not big on contemporary romance because I feel like they're all the same, but this book is amazing! Etienne St. Clair...yes! A great reason to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I'm not a huge fan of contmeporary books but this one is definitely something else."

    Yes, exactly! Those are my thoughts exactly! I only picked this up because it was at a used bookstore and everyone said it was good. And...I'm SO glad I did!

    I wanted to re-read it (for, um, my third read?) last week, but it's loaned out, and I'm like, "No...!" LOL!

    I will say: I do like Anna better than Lola! I'm one of the few, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVED ELODIE!!! I avoided this one for a long time because I was a little put off by the cheesy cover, but it was such a fabulous story. Definitely one for the re-read shelf!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just like you I'm pretty wary of contemporary, so I was hesitant about this one, but I really loved it: The emotion between the characters was so real... Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shot! no, I haven't read it BUT, everyone loves this one so so so much?!?! Gee, need to read it! :-))

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really liked this book. It was so cute and light. It's one of those books where you just feel good and happy after reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yay I've already read this one, so for once I'm up to date with you.

    I didn't love Anna, I thought Lola's Story was better :)

    ReplyDelete