3.01.2012

Daring You to Read : Richelle Mead's book !!

Goodreads : Vladimir’s Academy isn’t just any boarding school—it’s a hidden place where vampires are educated in the ways of magic and half-human teens train to protect them. Rose Hathaway is a Dhampir, a bodyguard for her best friend Lissa, a Moroi Vampire Princess. They’ve been on the run, but now they’re being dragged back to St. Vladimir’s—the very place where they’re most in danger. . . .
Rose and Lissa become enmeshed in forbidden romance, the Academy’s ruthless social scene, and unspeakable nighttime rituals. But they must be careful lest the Strigoi—the world’s fiercest and most dangerous vampires—make Lissa one of them forever...


I've chosen to talk about Mrs Mead's book because I've noticed that a lot of people still haven't read her books and I'm hoping to convince them to move them at the top of their TBR pile :) !! 
Let's start with the Vampire Academy series which is probably my favourite YA series ever !! It has it all : the most kick ass heroine you've ever met, 2 awesome love interests, the most EPIC love story you've ever read, it is based on a great myhtology and Richelle's writing is amazing !! There's not a book I've ever been more excited to read than Last Sacrifice (the 6th book of the VA series) : I was desperately waiting for it to come out and to arrive in my mailbox and when it did I was ecstatic !! Oh and I almost forgot, if all the aforementioned reasons didn't convince you, here's another one : Dimitri Belikov <3 !!
If you haven't read the Vampire Academy series yet, I urge you to pick up the first book .. Please, for me :) !! 


Goodreads : Succubus (n.) An alluring, shape-shifting demon who seduces and pleasures mortal men. Pathetic (adj.) A succubus with great shoes and no social life. See: Georgina Kincaid.
When it comes to jobs in hell, being a succubus seems pretty glamorous. A girl can be anything she wants, the wardrobe is killer, and mortal men will do anything just for a touch. Granted, they often pay with their souls, but why get technical?
But Seattle succubus Georgina Kincaid's life is far less exotic. Her boss is a middle-management demon with a thing for John Cusack movies. Her immortal best friends haven't stopped teasing her about the time she shape-shifted into the Demon Goddess getup complete with whip and wings. And she can't have a decent date without sucking away part of the guy's life. At least there's her day job at a local bookstore--free books; all the white chocolate mochas she can drink; and easy access to bestselling, sexy writer, Seth Mortensen, aka He Whom She Would Give Anything to Touch but Can't.
But dreaming about Seth will have to wait. Something wicked is at work in Seattle's demon underground. And for once, all of her hot charms and drop-dead one-liners won't help because Georgina's about to discover there are some creatures out there that both heaven and hell want to deny...



Then there's the Georgina Kincaïd series that I read last year and absolutely loved .. Like the VA series, there's an awesome heroine, a lot of action, an amazing set of characters, a great love story ... though it is an adult series. I greatly recommend you to read this series, I swear you won't be disappointed !! 


Richelle Mead's work : 
The Vampire Academy series : 6 books. (YA)
Georgina Kincaid series : 6 books. (Adult)
Dark Swan series : 4 books. (Adult)
Bloodlines series : 1 book so far, the second is coming out in June and I CAN'T WAIT. (YA)

16 comments:

  1. Ow, I also absolutely in love with Vampire Academy :D One of best YA series for me. It has perfect characters and storyline. I'm team Adrian btw ;)
    I still need to read Spirit Bound and Last Sacrifice, I hope I can get them soon so I can read Bloodlines and find more Adrian in it.

    And for Succubus series, i've read the first book but I dunno,it's not really my favorite. Maybe I need to read more books of that series :p

    Great pick, Elodie! Everyone should know Richelle Mead's amazing series, at least they MUST read VA :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOOhh how can you not have read Spirit Bound yet ? Blood Promise's ending is a huge cliffhanger !!!
      Bloodlines is a great as well .. :)
      Oh you should read the other books in the Succubus series because the series gets better !!
      :)

      Delete
  2. Great choice! I loved Georgie´s books and her Dark Swan series. Everyone who hasn´t read a book by Richelle Mead has missed out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY for Georgina :) !! I've just started reading the second book in the Dark Swan series and I'm loving it so far :) !!

      Delete
  3. I completely agree w/you on the VA series! I read each of the books in one day. I was obsessed! Dimitri!!! Sigh...
    I haven't read Mead's adult series. I plan to, at some point.
    Thabks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually can't manage to think of Dimitri without swooning :) ...
      You so have to meet Seth from the Georgina Kincaid series Andrea :)!!

      Delete
  4. I LOVE Richelle! I can't wait for her to start a new Adult series ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really can't wait either .. I'm convinced it will be great !! :)

      Delete
  5. LOVE HER!!! I haven't read her Georgina Kincaid books, but I love VA and I started her Dark Swan series and really enjoyed those as well. I've heard her Succubus series rocks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You so have to read the Succubus series and meet Georgina and Seth Jenny :)!!

      Delete
  6. I love Richelle Mead! I still need to read her adult series... it's on my list! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I very much look forward to know what you think of them :) !!

      Delete
  7. I really need to take this dare because I need to read her books. I think I posted this on your recent Mead review lol.

    Thanks for the dare, I should get to it sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I am the only person who has not read the Vampire Academy--but I really want to. It has been on my TBR for so long! There are so many books that I really really want to read. :)

    Shanan
    http://thebookaddictnet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete