3.11.2012

Short Review : Iron Crowned by Richelle Mead

Goodreads : Shaman-for-hire Eugenie Markham is the best at banishing entities trespassing in the mortal realm. But as the Thorn Land’s queen, she’s fast running out of ways to end the brutal war devastating her kingdom. Her only hope: the Iron Crown, a legendary object even the most powerful gentry fear…
Who Eugenie can trust is the hardest part. Fairy king Dorian has his own agenda for aiding her search. And Kiyo, her shape-shifter ex-boyfriend, has every reason to betray her along the way. To control the Crown’s ever-consuming powers, Eugenie will have to confront an unimaginable temptation--one that will put her soul and the fate of two worlds in mortal peril…


My thoughts : This is going to be a very short review as this book is the third in the series and I can't properly talk about it without giving away important spoilers and without repeating some of the things I said in my other reviews on this series. Iron Crowned was a great book, just like the two previous installments, it was extremely fast-paced. I found this one a little bit better as there were some twists that I wasn't expecting .. I'm seriously wondering how this series is going to end and whom Eugenie will end up with .. One of the drawbacks of this book to me was that there weren't enough scenes with King Dorian but I'm sure there will be a lot more in the next and last book.
This series is not Richelle Mead's best as I already said in my previous reviews but it is worth reading according to me. 


4 Stars : I really liked it !!

16 comments:

  1. I really liked this intallment as well =) You'll see more of Dorian in book 4!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY I can't wait to start reading it .. Dorian is an amazing character !! Thanks for stopping by Tynga ;)

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you really liked this one Elodie! When I'm in the mood for a fast paced read I'll be sure to pick up the first book in the series. I love that there was twists in it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katie :) !! It's a good series though I much prefer Richelle's other books !!

      Delete
  3. You're really making me want to start this series already! :) Glad to see you enjoyed this third book as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great series and I'm reall hoping you'll pick up the first book soon Christy :) !

      Delete
  4. I have to air, I skimmed this review since I haven't started the series. I'm really glad you enjoyed it!
    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always been curious about this series since I read and enjoyed her VA one last year. I really have to give them a go!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not as awesome as VA (nothing can be ..) but they are pretty good books :) !!

      Delete
  6. Ahhhhh! I need to read this! I read the first two books back before I started the blog and loved them, so I'm looking forward to getting my hands on this one. I probably need to go back and reread though, I know I've forgotten important details:) Fabulous mini review Elodie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked the first two but to be honest the third and the fourth are even greater :) !! I'm hoping you'll be able to pick this one soon Jenny and I lookforward to know what you think of it !! :)

      Delete
  7. I have yet to read the series. >.< I have all the the books and I haven't read them yet and they sound sooo goood. :D Enjoy the rest of the series! Oh btw, how did you add in the Reply thing to your comments? I have this crappy reply button i had to code in. >.< Email me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping you'll get to them soon Naj and that you'll like them :) !!

      Delete
  8. I need to start this series! Sounds like it's really good. thanks for the review:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping you'll get to it soon Rebecca :) !! Thanks for stopping by ;)

      Delete