3.27.2012

Teaser Tuesday : Graceling by Kristin Cashore

Teaser Tuesday is a a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following :
-Grab your current read
-Open to a random page
-Share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page 
-BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
-Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

I've decided to do this meme again, so here is my teaser for this week : 
Page 196 "Po tilted his head at her. "Do you dislike children?"
"  I've never disliked the children I've met. I've just never wanted them. I haven't wanted to mother them. I can't explain it." "

I'm about halfway through this one and I'm liking it but I'm a bit disappointed in it so far ..I'm hoping the other half of the book will be better :) ! Have you read Graceling and Fire ? Did you like them ?

7 comments:

  1. I hope you love the other half of the book more! I'm dying to read this one, so I really hope you end up enjoying it! Thanks for this awesome teaser Elodie! Happy Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Fire and Graceling. I love how original both of these books were and I really enjoyed the romance and action. Kristin Cashore balances those two aspects really well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teaser I actually remember that part of the story. I was the same with this book I didn't get the hype

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just returned this book to the library without having got a chance to read it. I had read some good reviews about it but it wasn't one I was dying to read. Sorry to hear your not enjoying it. I hope it picks up for you in the second half.

    My teaser comes from Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers
    Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol yet another book I need to read. I know everyone is raving about Bitterblue right now so this series is certainly getting a ton of hype!

    I hope you enjoy the second half of the book a little more.

    Thanks for informing Johnny and I how to properly say your name :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice teaser! I've heard this is great. Looking forward to seeing what you think. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read both and LOVED them! I am so excited about reading Bitterblue. I really hope you enjoy the other half of Graceling:)

    ReplyDelete