3.14.2012

Waiting on Wednesday : Black City by Elizabeth Richards

Goodreads : In a city where humans and Darklings are now separated by a high wall and tensions between the two races still simmer after a terrible war, sixteen-year-olds Ash Fisher, a half-blood Darkling, and Natalie Buchanan, a human and the daughter of the Emissary, meet and do the unthinkable—they fall in love. Bonded by a mysterious connection, that causes Ash’s long dormant heart to beat, Ash and Natalie first deny and then struggle to fight their forbidden feelings for each other, knowing if they’re caught they’ll be executed—but their feelings are too strong. When Ash and Natalie then find themselves at the center of a deadly conspiracy that threatens to pull the humans and Darklings back into war, they must make hard choices that could result in both their deaths.

Expected publication: November 13th 2012  


I've seen this book everywhere lately .. It sounds amazing and the cover looks stunning !! Some blogs are running giveaways which are international (happy French me !!) to win a copy of this book and I'm really hoping to win a copy because I can't wait to read this one !! I read an excerpt and I was even more impatient to get my hands on Black City !! Have you heard of this book ? Are you as eager as me to pick up a copy ?


Add Black City to your Goodreads.
Follow Elizabeth Richards on Twitter.

14 comments:

  1. I am so excited to start this one!!! Great pick:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah me too, it sounds so good !!

      Delete
  2. Great pick! Black City does look pretty amazing. I love the cover. Good luck w/the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andrea !! I realize that I have yet to check out your Waiting on Wednesday post Andrea ... I'm heading over your blog right now ;) !!

      Delete
  3. SO EXCITED FOR THIS ELODIE!!!! That cover is just striking, I don't even care what the book's about, I just want it on my shelf. Luckily, the blurb sounds fantastic, so hopefully this won't just be a book with a pretty face:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually had the exact same reaction about this one Jenny : when I saw the cover I was like it looks gorgeous I'm definitely going to read this and after having read the blurb I was soooo impatient to get my hands on a copy !! I've entered several giveaways so *fingers crossed* :) !!

      Delete
  4. WoW a mix of Fantasy and Dystopian ? Sounds awesome!!!! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YEAHH it sounds ver unique :) !! Can't wait !! Thanks for stopping by Danny!!

      Delete
  5. Yeah this sounds really good Elodie, I can't wait for it either :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo I love forbidden love! This sounds so awesome, great pick Elodie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one my TBR pile it just sounds so amazingly good.

    My WoW
    @BloodSweatandBooks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! I've seen this EVERYWHERE as well, haha! I know, it's really tempting!!! Hmmm..."Darklings", huh... AHHHHH I WANNA READ IT TOO!!!

    Vivian @ Vivaciously, Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, this book sounds wonderful! Great selection this week, Elodie. And that cover? Breath taking <33

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was thrilled to see this cover for the first time on Saturday and I am excited to read it now too. Great choice.

    ReplyDelete