4.05.2012

Review ; The Highlander's Touch by Karen Marie Moning

Highlander series, book #3
Goodreads : A Warrior Of Immortal Powers
He was a mighty Scottish warrior who lived in a world bound by ancient laws and timeless magic. But no immortal powers could prepare the laird of Castle Brodie for the lovely accursed lass who stood before him. A terrible trick of fate had sent her 700 years back in time and into his private chamber to tempt him with her beauty - and seduce him with a desire he could never fulfill. For this woman he burned to possess was also the woman he had foresworn to destroy.
A Woman Caught In The Mists Of Time
When Lisa felt the earth move under her feet, the fiercely independent 21st-century woman never dreamed she was falling...into another century. But the powerful, naked warrior who stood glaring down at her was only too real...and too dangerously arousing. Irresistibly handsome he might be, but Lisa had no intention of remaining in this savage land torn by treachery and war. How could she know that her seductive captor had other plans for her...plans that would save her from a tragic fate? Or that this man who had long ago forsaken love would defy time itself to claim her for his own....


My thoughts : The Highlander's Touch is definitely my favourite book in the Highlander series so far. This installment really had what the 2 previous ones lacked of according to me : more scenes with Adam Black and the faeries. I really cared for the characters and what happened to them : I was very much interested in Lisa and Circenn's relationship. I also really liked the time travel aspect of the book : if I had to choose a power I'd definitely love to sift time ! One of the things I love about this series is the setting. I'm always able to picture the beautiful Scotland's landscapes very well. I also really enjoyed the historical aspect of this book very much. I felt like we were given more details about the time (XIVth century) than in the other books, which was great.
For once, that didn't bother me at all that a book was written in a third person POV and alterned between the two main characters' perspectives. I actually love Karen Marie Moning's writing and one of the main reasons I love her books is that they are amazingly written and The Highlander's Touch was no exception. 
Overall, this third installment was great and it makes me very excited about reading the next book in the series. I'm only hoping we'll learn some new stuff about the faeries. 


4 Stars : I really liked it

6 comments:

  1. I have one of the books from this series but everyone said I need to start front he beginning. IT might be awhile until I get to it.
    Great review - I know a lot of people love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love me some Karen Marie Moning! I completely cheated and started this series with Adam's book:) I'm madly in love with him. Maybe not as in love as I am with Barrons, but it's close. So glad you're enjoying the series Elodie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read this series yet. I've heard KMM's books are great. This sounds like a thrilling, great book. I'm glad you liked it better than the first two. Great review, Elodie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. J'aimerais beaucoup découvrir cette autre série de KMM, je ne connais que les chroniques de MacKayla Lane ^^ Ton avis donne très envie en tous cas :D
    Bonnes lectures ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow faeries, highlanders, and time travel, I didn't know this series was so involved! I'm really interested in reading this series now, especially since as the series is going you seem to be enjoying it more and more.

    Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful escapism story, I love Karen's writing. All her books in this series are great, you can get totally absorbed in her stories.

    ReplyDelete