4.29.2012

Review : A Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen :

Hey everyone, I'm finally done with finals which means that I have now a four-month vacation ahead of me = a lot of time to read !! I couldn't post much during my exams' week but I'll definitely be a lot more present from now on.
Goodreads : That's what Macy has to look forward to while her boyfriend, Jason, is away at Brain Camp. Days will be spent at a boring job in the library, evenings will be filled with vocabulary drills for the SATs, and spare time will be passed with her mother, the two of them sharing a silent grief at the traumatic loss of Macy's father.
But sometimes unexpected things can happen—things such as the catering job at Wish, with its fun-loving, chaotic crew. Or her sister's project of renovating the neglected beach house, awakening long-buried memories. Things such as meeting Wes, a boy with a past, a taste for Truth-telling, and an amazing artistic talent, the kind of boy who could turn any girl's world upside down. As Macy ventures out of her shell, she begins to wonder, Is it really better to be safe than sorry?


My thoughts : I was a bit reluctant to read this book though everyone was claiming it was amazing because I had read another Sarah Dessen's book last year which I hadn't liked at all (This Lullaby). I actually started reading this book on Monday but as I had exams all week I didn't picked it up that much : I had only read about 100 pages until last night when I continued reading it and finished it in the middle of the night. A Truth About Forever was an amazing contemporary book. Macy was a great heroine and I very much enjoyed reading from her POV and seeing her undergo a true transformation throughout the book : she at first made choices that I couldn't relate to but she progressively turned into a confident, and unperfect girl (which is definitely a good thing).
I absolutely loved Wes and I was definitely among the sawooooon girls. I was rooting for Macy and him throughout the whole book : I loved their Truth game and their story felt very real ..
All the secondary characters were awesome as well : the Wish team with Kristy, Delia, Bert ... Macy's sister and mother (though the latter was getting on my nerves at some point but she did have some things to sort out ..). I also very much appreciated the fact that the book wasn't centred on the romance which was a nice change .. Sarah Dessen's writing is amazing and I very much look forward to read some of her other books. 
I'd give this book 4 stars because of the first 100 pages or so : they didn't captivate me as much as the rest of the book but it might have been because I wasn't in the reading mood. 


4 Stars : I really liked it


buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

3 comments:

  1. Sarah Dessen is awesome and everything what I have read from her is great! So happy to see you loved this so much too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great book :) I've been meaning to check out a few other books by Sarah Dessen, I guess I'll be adding this one to the list of to be read XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of the few books of Sarah Dessen's that I haven't read yet. I love her books! So glad you enjoyed this one!

    ReplyDelete