4.17.2012

Short Review : Kiss of the Highlander by Karen Marie Moning :

Goodreads : A laird trapped between centuries...
Enchanted by a powerful spell, Highland laird Drustan MacKeltar slumbered for nearly five centuries hidden deep in a cave, until an unlikely savior awakened him. The enticing lass who dressed and spoke like no woman he'd ever known was from his distant future, where crumbled ruins were all that remained of his vanished world. Drustan knew he had to return to his own century if he was to save his people from a terrible fate. And he needed the bewitching woman by his side.... 

A woman changed forever in his arms...
Gwen Cassidy had come to Scotland to shake up her humdrum life and, just maybe, meet a man. How could she have known that a tumble down a Highland ravine would send her plunging into an underground cavern — to land atop the most devastatingly seductive man she'd ever seen? Or that once he'd kissed her, he wouldn't let her go?

Bound to Drustan by a passion stronger than time, Gwen is swept back to sixteenth-century Scotland, where a treacherous enemy plots against them ... and where a warrior with the power to change history will defy time itself for the woman he loves....

My thoughts : I really feel like the Highlander series is getting better after each installment I read. I care more and more deeply for the characters and the setting doesn't cease to amaze me. Drustan and Gwen were both pretty awesome and I greatly enjoyed reading about their relationship. I especially loved how this book was equally set in the XXIth and XVIth centuries Scotland. Some parts that occurred during the present time were hilarious and that's one of the main things I love about the Highlander series : the confrontation of the two generations and how each character has to adapt to the time he/she lives in .. 
I also loved Dagueus' character and I'm so happy that the next book in the series will be focusing on his story. I also found awesome the fact that both Gwen and Drustan will be featured in The Dark Highlander as well.
The only thing that missed in The Kiss of the Highlander was my dear Adam Black .. I'm hoping we'll get a glimpse of him in the following installment. 
Overall, Karen Marie Moning's books are frigging awesome and I'm really glad I started reading this series. I'm very impatient to pick up the fifth book in the series !!


4 Stars : I really liked it !!

4 comments:

  1. You nailed it! This series definitely got better and better!! I LOVED the introduction of the McKeltar's especially since they play such important roles in the Fever series! And.. hold on tight, Adam get's his book and his own Story!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome review Elodie. I've not read this series but I read the author's Fever and really enjoyed it in the end. Donna xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard so many great things about this series. I'll consider this another nudge to get started. Greater review, Elodie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay I'm glad that this series has gotten better with time. I still need to get my butt in gear and buy book one or rent it from the library.

    Thanks for the great review, hope you get to read book five soon!

    ReplyDelete