4.24.2012

Waiting on Wednesday : Tempting the Best Man by J. Lynn :

Goodreads : Madison Daniels has worshipped her brother's best friend since they were kids. Everyone thinks she and Chase Gamble would make the perfect couple, but there are two major flaws in their logic. 1) Chase has sworn off relationships of any kind, and 2) after blurring the line between friends and lovers for one night four years ago, they can't stop bickering.
Forced together for her brother's wedding getaway, Chase and Madison decide to call a truce for the happy couple. Except all bets are off when they're forced to shack up in a tacky 70’s honeymoon suite and survive a multitude of "accidents" as the family tries to prove their "spark" can be used than for more than fighting. That is, if they don't strangle each other first…

Published April 23rd as an ebook (yeah already released but I really wanted to feature it on my blog) ..
Desperately waiting : I absolutely love the sound of this book, it sounds like an amazing contemporary adult read !! And you know what ? J. Lynn is in fact Jennifer L. Armentrout's alter ego .. how awesome is that ?! Under that name she actually writes contemporary and paranormal romance, urban fantasy ... I actually found out about this book today by stalking Jennifer L. Armentrout's blog which you should definitely go check out because it's awesome and also because she's giving away 10 signed copies of Half-Blood (which is pure awesomeness, squeee I loved this book so much) and Pure (that I'll be reading and reviewing very soon after my finals ahhhhh can't wait) : Jennifer's blog !! 

What are you waiting to read on this Wednesday ? 

8 comments:

  1. Sadly I haven't read any Jennifer L. Armentrout's books,but I really want to! I planned to order Obsidian copy to start it.
    This story sounds so interesting! I can't wait to see what you think about it. Hope you'll get it soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is by Jennifer! Sign me up, sign me up! I love her YA books and those do have a level of steam to it. If that is what she does with YA I can't wait to see what she does with adult.

    Thanks for showcasing this because I wouldn't have found out otherwise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, this sounds like so much fun! This is the first time I'm seeing this. Thanks for introducing me to it:) Off to mark it on Goodreads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Elodie! That book cover just made me swoon. HEH. Sounds like a great read! I followed you over here from my blog.

    I'm so sorry that you were misled by my post on GoodReads! I've reposted on my blog like four times since that contest, and for some reason I can't get it to refresh over at GoodReads. I think I might have to delete my blog over there, and then "re"link it. Kind of like a reboot, you know? LOL.

    Do stop by Krazy Book Lady's blog later today at this link:http://krazybooklady.blogspot.com/ I'm giving away an ARC of Splintered over there for her fairy tale hop, and it's an international contest so you might win!

    Also, next week I'm having another HUGE giveaway w/Splintered swag and few Alice in Wonderland goodies, so stop by my blog again then. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo this sounds fun and sexy and awesome! I love antagonistic relationships that turn into something more, and I always think it's interesting when the couple has a past history:) Thanks for the recommendation Elodie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick! There is no doubt Jennifer is a great author. Thanks for sharing, Elodie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't heard of this title yet but it looks interesting!! Love the cover!!! eeeep! :) thank you for stopping by <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!!! When I found out Jennifer Armentrout had another pen name I jumped at this book and read it in 3 hours!! I love her and this book did not disappoint! Maddie and Chase have the most amazing chemistry that this book left me fanning myself!! Chase has been her brother's best friend forever and that's how long she has loved him! Told from both their POV's you get the best of both worlds as their feelings for each other are uncovered and their sexual tension builds and builds until you as the reader finally explodes!! I love this book so much! The steamy scenes and the obstacles holding them apart make a great storyline! The story is set at a vineyard for Maddie's brother's wedding where they are forced together to share a room for a few days when a mishap accidentally double books them the same room. Their witty banter and their comical bickering just livens the story, since you are already hooked at the beginning!

    ReplyDelete