5.01.2012

Review : Bleeding Hearts by Ash Krafton :

Bleeding Hearts (Demimonde #1)Goodreads : Sophie Galen is an advice columnist whose work leaves her neck-deep in other people’s problems. Thanks to her compassion, her gut instinct, and her magnetic charm, Sophie really knows how to attract little black clouds.
Marek Thurzo is no little black cloud; he’s a maelstrom. Marek is Demivampire, a race with the potential to evolve into vampire. A warrior who’s taken his share of spiritual damage, he hovers dangerously close to destruction.
He seeks salvation. She’s driven to save him. But what if he can’t be saved?
Sympathy for his plight becomes true empathy as Sophie’s hidden nature is revealed. Marek suspects she may be one of the Sophia, oracle and redemption of the damned Demivampire. She alone can turn back the evolutionary clock.
All she needs is the courage to face her fears. Can she save him from Falling?

My thoughts : First I'd like to thank the amazing Ash Krafton for sending me a copy of her book : I'm sooo grateful and I really enjoy talking to you Ash, you're the sweetest.
I have mixed feeling about Bleeding Hearts but I overall really liked it.
I really appreciated Sophie, who is the heroin and I really feel like I managed to connect with her which wasn't a hard thing to do because she is so caring and selfless. I loved Marek as well and enjoyed reading about their relationship but for some reason I loved his brother Rodrian even more and I don't think that's going to happen but I'm rooting for him and Sophie anyway ; though Marek is amazing and I can totally be happy with him and Sophie together (loved the cottage scene). I also very much enjoyed all the secondary characters like Jared, Shiloh ...
The story was very fast paced which is something that I greatly appreciated but I honestly didn't care much for the plot. I read this book in a day though which definitely means that it's a real page turner and I absolutely loved Ash's writing. One of the main reasons why I enjoyed Bleeding Hearts was that it is a unique take on vampires and it is kind of rare to find vampire books that blow me away now.
I also really liked the fact that there was a bit of Egyptian mythology in this book :).
Though it had some flaws I really enjoyed reading Bleeding Hearts and I definitely look forward to read the second book in the series as the ending was awesome .. I need to be assured that some things will happen, lol :)!! Can't wait for Blood Rush !! 
3.5 Stars : I liked it a lot !
Add it to your Goodreads 
Follow Ash on Twitter 

6 comments:

  1. Thank you, Elodie...I'm glad to have found your friendship, as well!

    I appreciate your wonderful review and I have a feeling you are REALLY going to like the second book because it focuses on Rodrian. :-D

    I almost feel guilty writing it. *WINK*

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG more Rodrian ? Yes please !! Thank you so much for stopping by Ash, you're amazing and I'm thrilled to have had the opportunity to read and review your book <3!
      hugs =)

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you liked it despite some flaws! That's great that it's fast paced. Slow books can be torturous. I'm kind of stuck on the cover of the book. Are those literal bleeding hearts on a clothesline? Or are they weird types of flowers? Because they don't look like any hearts I have ever seen. It's going to be sad if they are indeed hearts though. I'm going to medical school. Lol :) I should know these things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I definitely agree, fast paced books are usually the best =) !! Those are actually flowers, don't worry Krista you're good to go to medical school =) !! Thanks for stopping by <3

      Delete
  3. I love it when there is some mythology thrown in. I will have to try this since it seems to have some new takes on the whole vampire thing. I also love that their is a character named Shiloh!(That's one of my daughters names.) Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm not really sure what to think of this one. I'm glad that it had some unique elements and great characters though.

    I hope you enjoy book two.

    Thanks for the great review

    ReplyDelete